My preferred RE agent is with The Real Estate Board of New York, not the Brooklyn MLS.

Asked by Sage, Brooklyn, NY Wed Feb 22, 2012

He says that his firm has a larger reach than the small RE agent .

Answers

9
David Zybin, , Brooklyn, NY
Wed Feb 22, 2012
And how many homes did his firm with larger reach sell in Bensonhurst last year or the year before?
How many agents is this firm know the area well enough to start marketing immediately to existing client base?
I am not trying to knock REBNY, but Brooklyn MLS gives you greater access to local buyers, whether they are moving up or down or purchasing for the first time. There is greater number of searches and inquiries through Brooklyn MLS and many member offer MLS Searches right on their homepage.
Ask yourself, where would You go to buy a house in your area?
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Feb 22, 2012
You are free to choose and work with whoever you like best...
Barbara Ann…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Feb 22, 2012
And PS, there are plenty of agents at REBNY member firms who live in and know South Brooklyn well, from Bebsonhurst to Bay Ridge to Mill Basin and beyond.
Barbara Ann…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Feb 22, 2012
However, not all brokers in New York are required to co-broke with all other brokers. Specifically, many MLS member firms will not co-broke with those not MLS members. Since more brokers and agents are REBNY members than are MLS members, doesn't it make sense to go with the organization with the greatest reach.

Also look at the quality of that Internet presentation. Is the firm's web site well-designed and easy to navigate? How about the quality of the photos and floor plans (if any)? I've seen some pretty pathetic web sites out there from non-REBNY-member firms - they are a turn-off to direct buyers as well as to potential co-brokers.
Thomas D'Alc…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Feb 22, 2012
Dear Sage,
I can help you with all of your real estate needs. You need an agent who is the local area expert. My company is located in Dyker Heights at 7610 13th Avenue. We do a tremendous amount of business in Bensonhurst and we know how to effectively market your home so you can get top dollar!

All of the surrounding brokerages in Bensonhurst are members of the Brooklyn MLS so it would be best to have your home listed in the Brooklyn MLS to get you the most exposure. If your home is listed with REBNY the brokers in this area will not know of your listing.

I would be happy to speak with you about this, you can give me a call at 917 544 9091.
Sergio Herna…, , Naples, FL
Wed Feb 22, 2012
The Internet has a global outreach and it's available to all Realtors.
Web Reference:  http://www.golftobeach.com
Jack Menashe, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Feb 22, 2012
Rebny is a good board, as long as they have access to the homes you need continue with your broker or have them to contact me to co-broke.

Jack Menashe
917.797.0215
http://www.SHERestates.com
Fajardo Dela…, Agent, Flushing, NY
Wed Feb 22, 2012
We all have local and national exposure. Interview the agents and pick the one that you feel can get the job done. Please just give me a call as soon as you can.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
Barbara Ann…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Feb 22, 2012
You are much better off with a REBNY broker than you are with one who is only a member of the Brooklyn MLS. Every major NYC real estate firm belongs to REBNY, and by listing your property with a REBNY broker you will reach a far greater audience than you will with one who is only a member of the Brooklyn MLS (some firms are members of both).

Best of luck with your sale.