My mother has a big dileman. She is divorcing and my stepdad is refusing to Short sale, and owes 3 months worth of Hoa and mortgage. can she proceed?

Asked by Giggles, Sacramento, CA Mon Nov 30, 2009

with the short sale even though he is not cooperating?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Dec 5, 2009
There appears to be at least two separate issues that both should require the advice of an attorney. Your mother should proceed consulting one sooner than later.
0 votes
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Mon Nov 30, 2009
This is more a question to a real estate attorney and divorce attorney, as there are many legal aspects to consider, also timewise at what stage of the divorce they are, how they own the property etc. So please make sure that she gets good legal counseling in respect to how to proceed and what will be in her best advantage.

Good Luck!
Edith Karoline YourRealtor4Life!
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients!
Your Chicago, Northern Illinois Connection
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more