My in-laws are trying to sell their home in Haugton, but it is not selling!

Asked by kenda2, Haughton, LA Tue Oct 9, 2012

From what i understand, it's a good neighborhood, and the house has really good "bones", but needs updating. To that end, they have dropped their asking price 20K under the market value, and it still isn't selling! what other factors may be contributing, and would it be better for them to just do the updating with inexpensive materials and then bump the price back up? They have a contingency offer on another home in my state, that they will lose soon.

Answers

2
Debra Lindsey, Agent, Shreveport, LA
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Kenda2,

The price, the condition, the competition and the marketing of the property are key factors in getting a property sold. If this property is listed, you should review these factors with your listing agent. If your in-laws are not represented by an agent, I would be happy to do a comparative market analysis for them and provide insight on how to make a quicker sale. I have sold many homes in Haughton, LA. Learn more about my services at http://www.debralindseyrealestate.com.

Debra Lindsey, CME, REALTOR
KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY NWLA
714 N. Ashley Ridge Loop
Shreveport, LA 71106
318.213.1555

Each office independently owned & operated
Licensed by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Houses that dont sell are:

FSBO
over priced or
out dated

or all of the above
Yes to outdated, as i mentioned, but not overpriced, nor is it a fsbo.
Flag Tue Oct 9, 2012