Catalina, Other/Just Looking in Del Valle, TX

My house which has mechanics shop next to the house. My lot is located behind a business and there is a business to the east of my property as well.

Asked by Catalina, Del Valle, TX Sun Dec 20, 2009

The city has recently in the last 4 years annexed the neighborhood I live in. The mechanics shop has not been leased out as of yet. I live 1/4 mile from an airport and know that there will be a toll road that will be built on the main highway located in front of the business located behind my house. (all the same track of land). My house zoned as residential and the business is noted as a business on the city's platt maps. I would like to sell my property as commercial property and need some advice as I would be using this to buy another home and pay it off.

Answers

1
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Sun Dec 20, 2009
Catalina,
You will need to get the property rezoned with the city. Contact the Planning and Zoning Commissioner and they'll walk you through the process. With commercial all around you, it sounds like you can make a strong case for being able to rezone your home to commercial and list it as a commercial sale. It also sounds like a much better resale opportunity to sell it as a business rather than as a residence.

You might get some interest in the property as a commercial lease. Don't instantly shy away from that as an option, as it could be quite lucrative even in the short term. If you can get a business to move onto the property, you might possibly achieve a higher return if you sell the property with a commercial tenant in place.