Michele Bian…, Both Buyer and Seller in 38329

My house is for sale by owner. How long should I keep it that way before I put it in real estate?

Asked by Michele Bianchini, 38329 Fri Jun 12, 2009

Answers

9
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Thu Jun 18, 2009
Stupid FSBOs..........................................WHEN will you LEARN that the NUMBERS and INFORMATION is IMPORTANT and that those who do FSBOS are living IN the STONE AGE?

Don't the WORDS in CAPS let you KNOW my EXPERTISE is IRREFUTABLE!

Use a REALTOR@, not one of those flat fee Realtor@ jerks or the SELL out Realtor@ that will work for LESS than 3% plus a bonus. Use a real Realtor@ that will only EXCEPT the "STANDARD rate".

This is a good question though... "Well here is something to think about: Sellers have been employing REALTORS for over 200 yrs., WHY?"

You need to read this so you can better understand the mindset of those working so hard to get your business... http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Selling/Can_low_commission…

Doing a FSBO does not mean you are stupid, uninformed or unrealistic any more than an RE License means you have expertise.

Dunes
J R, , New York, NY
Sat Jun 13, 2009
Depends on how many homes are for sale in your area and how cooperative YOU are with Realtors. I have generally found FSBOs to be pretty uncooperative and in some cases downright nasty, and I give them a wide berth, since there are plenty of houses available without accessing FSBOs. FSBOs are overpriced about 99% of the time anyway.
Nathan Hunni…, Other Pro, Jackson, TN
Wed May 28, 2014
FSBO: Supposing the home is marketed and priced properly, 1 to 3 months is plenty of time to find your buyer. If you're inexperienced with real estate and selling options, consider using a reputable Realtor from the start.
Bradley Arno…, Agent, Milan, TN
Mon Oct 7, 2013
I always like to come over and do a GAP analysis for my seller to try and persuade them to clearly state their goals with regard to why they are selling, and how soon they need to sell. Obviously, I am biased toward REALTORS; hence that I am one my self. Nevertheless, I would highly encourage you to at the very least have a consultation with 1 or more Realtors to gain perspective on why hiring an agent will be beneficial for you as a seller. There are a number of good reasons which you will to have a REALTOR on your side. I hope you make the right decision for you.
Thank you for your participation.
Jvl1549, Home Buyer, Jackson, TN
Wed Sep 18, 2013
Have you had anyone come and look at your house? How long are you willing to wait to sell? How much are you willing to spend on advertising? Are you where your 4 sale sign is visible to a lot of traffic? Are you willing to show your house 24 hours a day 7 days a week? These are some of the things to consider.
Tara Skinner, Agent, Jackson, TN
Sun Aug 12, 2012
List with a Realtor right away.. We have access to all of the correct information needed to market and sell your house and could possibly already have a buyer for your home. Realtors coordinate together to bring buyers to see your house plus its more safer for you than you letting strangers into your home that you don't know.
Sandra Moores, Agent, Johnson City, TN
Thu Jun 18, 2009
Well here is something to think about: Sellers have been employing REALTORS for over 200 yrs., WHY? 70% of FSBO choose a REALTOR because REALTORS can sell houses FASTER and for MORE MONEY. Serious buyers only shop FSBO to save a commission. Look at the law of supply and demand. # of REALTORS in my area is 1,316 with an average of 10 prospects each for a total of 13,160 and the average days to close is 45 days. If it takes 1,316 REALTORS with 13,160 prospects 45 days to get sellers their money how much time will it take for the FSBO? My opinion is that you need to hire a REALTOR right away so you don't leave any money on the table. The longer it takes to sell, the more money that could be lost.
Janet DiChia…, Agent, Medina, TN
Sat Jun 13, 2009
It depends on how quickly you need to get moved and also how long you want to put up with the inconvenience of having to take the calls and then be available for showings, staying home to show it and then the person not showing up. Also, once you have someone interested you have to make sure they are qualified to buy the home and not sit there and wait for 2 months on them to close and then them not being able to get the money. I am with the fastest growing company in the world and we have some very unique marketing tools and I would love to sit down with you and show them to you. This can be very stressful and as Tony said, getting in the multi listing service gets you exposure to over 450 REALTORS who have qualified buyers. Give me a call and I will be happy to sit down with you and show you what we have to offer. My cell is 732-267-2456 and I am a full time REALTOR. Check out my website below and see the tours that we have available.
Web Reference:  http://www.janetdichiara.com
Tony Neihoff, Agent, Jackson, TN
Fri Jun 12, 2009
Michele,
It does depend on the area. You will certainly get more exposure listing your home in the MLS. I accually have a FSBO program where I put in on my website and provide a mortgage sign for free. If you are interested give me a call or contact me through my site at http://www.TonyNeihoff.com. Now is the best time to list as it is picking up in our area. My number is 731-298-1064. Good Luck.