My house has been on the market for 4 months and i did not have any showing yet even i did lower the price

Asked by Mary, 48127 Mon Mar 10, 2008

what can i do to sell my house? any idea please help, Thanks.

Answers

6
smith3gary, Agent, White Lake, MI
Mon Mar 10, 2008
Mary, I had a home appraised in October of 2006 on Gulley Rd. The home appraised at 118,000. Same home is still for sale today at 99,900 with one showing. Homes are selling below twice their State Equalised Value (SEV)

My suggestions are:

Work with a Realtor(R) that knows the area. Ask for proof that they are selling homes, not just listing them. Ask for and request proof they are actively marketing your home. It would be best to agree upon marketing sources and specifics before signing a contract.

If your home is being globally marketed and you still have no showings, then either price of condition are turning off buyers before they get to your home. Many homes are eliminated on the internet before buyers even drive by the home.
Web Reference:  http://www.mi-living.com
Sonya Loose, Agent, Beaverton, MI
Mon Mar 10, 2008
Mary - this is a tough market but houses are selling and yours can be one too! Has your Realtor discussed the average days on market for homes in your area? In 48624 the average DOM is 8.5 months. If you have had no showings yet then the market cannot bear the price you are at so I would suggest having your Realtor prepare a new CMA. I would also make sure your home is "staged". This doesn't have to cost a lot of money and can be done yourself. Staging is mostly decluttering, cleaning and neutralizing. Sounds like your biggest issue is price. Once it is priced right make sure your Realtor is effectively internet marketing your home!
Web Reference:  http://www.SonyaLoose.com
Rob Graham, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Mar 10, 2008
Mary,

Get creative. Talk to your agent about offering a home warranty, pre-inspection, seller financing, offering closing costs to be payed for. You may want to send out post cards to the neighbors. Have a yard sale. Advertize on different web sites. Consider staging your home, paying for buyer moving expenses. There are a lot of things that can be done. The trick is to keep things fresh. Try new things.
Nicole Sleeva, , Novi, MI
Mon Mar 10, 2008
Hi Mary -

I know it's tough to wait it out for the right buyer. Currently there are 406 homes for sale just in the 48127 zip code. Prices range from $41,900 to $1,250,000 so there is a wide range. If you were a buyer, how does your home show? Do you think you are getting a lot for your money? In this market, buyers can find the "perfect house" because there is so much to choose from. My suggestion is to make sure your home shows the best it can, price it the best in the area and make sure you are getting maximum internet exposure. Good luck - I wish you the best.

Nicole Sleeva
nsleeva@cbpreferred.com
Web Reference:  http://www.NicoleSleeva.com
Brightchoice…, Both Buyer And Seller, Livonia, MI
Sun Jul 18, 2010
Mary,
I think you should try something different than what has been written here already. Where is your house exactly?
Do you have pictures of it? How about a small video? 360 panoramic view?
Did you try a 7 day fire-sale?
Give me a call and i will give you details
734-778-4896
Theo
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Mon Mar 10, 2008
Mary
I do not know your area (disclaimer).
However, in most cases homes that sell in the first 30 days of market time sell for closest to asking price.
What to do?
Home many homes, like yours, have sold during the time yours was on the market?
Why would a buyer purchase those homes, and not yours?
In a buyer's market, buyers select homes they perceive to have the best value, your Realtor's job is to expose the value that your home has to the market.

We are going in to spring market, so your timing is great.
Things you can do: Look at your competition. Go out to some open houses, look at the homes that are priced at or below yours and see what they have.

1. Declutter
2. Depersonlize
3. Paint and clean, clean, clean, re-arrange the furniture - take some out.
4. Take NEW pictures - PROFESSIONAL
5. Make sure you are paying MARKET commission
6. Look at your listing ONLINE. Have yoru Realtor show you.
7. Host an open house for brokers with FOOD. Put the FOOD in the back yard
8. to sell you need to UNDER market by a few percent.
9. Include extras. appliances, patio funiture,
10. Home warranty
11. Look at a buy down program to INSTANTLY make your home cheaper.
12. Have your Realtor send out 200 invitations for a public open house, put the game on and serve hotdogs.
13. make sure that you are getting feedback on all showings and from all open houses, including brokers.
good luck