My home is incorect on trulia, my realtor says they've changed it, trulia is the only web page were it's wrong on, how can I get it fixed?

Asked by samkencin71199, Portage, MI Fri Sep 21, 2012

I have recently changed realtors. My current realtor has put my home on MLS. All the other realtor pages out there have the listing right. Trulia has kept my old realtor's pictures and description, but has the right information regardin everything else. We have changed our pricing which is in my current realtor's description but because trulia has that wrong it looks as though I rased my price an did nothing to the home which is not ture the new pictures out there would show buyers the work I infact have done to my home. Please help me correct this so that I may get the correct information out to buyers and get my house sold.

Answers

8
Mary LaFon, Agent, Cary, NC
Wed Nov 28, 2012
Trulia's customer service is great! Have they fixed the issue?
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Nov 28, 2012
Dear Samkencin71199,
If you are unable to get the last agent to remove it, you may wish to contact the customer service department at Trulia to have it removed. They are usually very responsive to consumer requests. I wish you luck!
Cheers,
Betina
Kevin Cottre…, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Wed Nov 28, 2012
Great point Betina. A manual entry would require removal. In that case, a seller should ask the previous agent to remove it.
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Nov 28, 2012
If the last agent added it manually, (not with the automated population) they may need to go and remove it manually. This would allow only your new agents listing to show up. The auto populators while convienant, are not always updated as quickly as doing it the old fashioned way. I would make a call or send an email to the last agent to ask that they remove the listing. I wish you the best of luck!

cheers,
Betina
Kevin Cottre…, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Wed Nov 28, 2012
Suggest having your agent work with ListHub (The broker actually has agreed to syndicate listings) to them via the MLS. If that doesn't work, you certainly could make an inquiry to Trulia as well.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri Sep 21, 2012
Data appearing on Truila is provided by an 3rd party data aggregater, ListHub. The business agreement between Listhub and Trulia includes a prohibition to allow agents access to the most important data fields such as price, status, size, bedroooms, you know, the important stuff related to value.
-
The agent is NOT responsible for the data appearing here and incorrect data can not be corrected by the agent. so, as others have stated, you need to contact Trulia using the telephone number prominently displayed. As matter of reality, much of the data an agent does provide through the multiple listing service is stripped and replaced with data from other sources.
-
You may find that simply waiting, (I don't know how long) you will eventually see the problem corrected, usually after your home is sold.

Best of success in selling your home.
Jamee Yule, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Sep 21, 2012
Online sites like Trulia are not updating their content as frequently as the MLS, Realtor.com or Remax.com. This is how inconsistent and sometimes incorrect data lingers on the internet for so long. I would contact Trulia Customer Service to request the information be corrected.
Eric Hegwer, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Sep 21, 2012
Sounds like you need to call Trulia.

If you contact me directly with the address I can check the actual MLS to see what photos are there.

This is one of the biggest problems with 3rd party websites. They aren't always accurate. The Realtor's Database, MLS, is. That's why it's important to use a pro.