My home is for

Asked by Greg K, 08005 Mon Apr 28, 2008

sale...http://www.trulia.com/property/1052764309-1561-Wenonah-Trl-M…

Its Young built in 1995 and has the most land of any comparable Raised Ranch in the Yorktown area (1.67)acres. I think we have the house over-priced though seeing other raised ranch's in the area. Is land size a big factor?? Should I rethink the asking price??

Answers

4
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Mon Apr 28, 2008
Hi, Price is EVERYTHING in this market. Land does make a big difference, alot of people want a yard and space, even if they don't need it. I haven't seen your home so I couldn't tell you how well you are priced. one main thing to keep in mind is try to create the best value in the neighborhood, especially if you have other competing homes. The term market value went out the window the key to sell in a timely manner is 1) the best value and 2) pricing it a little under what you would consider todays market value to be.

Hope this helps.

Christopher Pagli
Associate Broker
Legends Realty Group
914.332.6300 x107
914.406.9023 cell
Jody Pallak, Agent, Yorktown Heights, NY
Fri Aug 28, 2009
I am familiar with your home and I think your price is now closer to being within market range. Your home has been on the market for a long time and you started out WAY too high. Agents may have forgotten about it by now. Buyers have seen it on the internet and in ads for over a year and may think that there is something wrong...hence, the danger of overpricing. You may need a fresh start.

Best of luck to you.
Gayle Terry, Agent, Spokane, WA
Mon Apr 28, 2008
Price, Price, Price is the key factor.
It is hard to compare a home when it has land to residential areas. You need to look at how much land and where you are located ie: close to town or in rurals areas.
That can really influence how much your property will be worth.
Basically, it is the price and your home in comparison with market.
Karen Benvin…, Agent, Bedford, TX
Mon Apr 28, 2008
Yes, Land is a big factor but you will need a more in depth market analysis of your property along with research on the other recently sold homes in your neighborhood.
If you need help - let me know - we also cover your area.
You are very smart to reconsider the asking price - esp in this market - you want to draw the market in - not have them call you "that overpriced" house - rumors travel quickly among the real estate community.