My home built in 1930 had dryvit installed on 3% of it, 10 yrs ago, no insallation in walls, no drains, dryvit in good shaped, should I worry?

Asked by Josh, Little Rock, AR Tue Feb 15, 2011

Answers

2
David Bolick’s answer
David Bolick, Agent, Little Rock, AR
Tue Feb 15, 2011
Josh, the average person can't tell if a house has dryvit or not and as you probably know Dryvit is actually a product Company Name and not just a product. As Sally advised...the best thing to do is to contact a Home Inspector and either have him express his opinion on that specific issue or a full home inspection report and start off with the good news (hopefully) that you've repaired everything that a home inspector recommended in advance of selling. I wouldn't bring up an issue about dryvit unless you know for a fact you had a problem and addressed it. If you need any assistance, let me know and I'll be glad to help...I've been in the business for 36 years.
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Tue Feb 15, 2011
What does your Realtor say? You may have an issue when it comes time for the inspection. You might consider getting the house inspected yourself, and fixing any issues that come up. This way, you can advertise that the house has been "pre-inspected" and you can disclose whatever issues that came up and that you fixed everything.
Web Reference:  http://www.sallygrenier.com