Home Selling in Cornelius>Question Details

Farmer Girl, Other/Just Looking in Aloha, OR

My farm is Code Split with each piece the same TaxLot number. To sell one of the two pieces, do I need to get two different TaxLot numbers?

Asked by Farmer Girl, Aloha, OR Mon Apr 11, 2011

In the Code Split, one piece is potential commerical and the back piece is coded farmland and I just noticed the pieces had the same map (tax lot) number. Prior to selling one piece, do I need to have a different tax lot number assigned or can that be done as part of the Title Search stuff that happens when someone buys it?

Help the community by answering this question:


Only if it is allowed. Many times just because a property has a code split does not mean your county will allow for the property to be split. My suggestion is that you go talk to the county planner to see what might be feasable. Good luck on getting that completed! I hope it all works out for the best for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 11, 2011
Farmer Girl: The splitting of a lot requires input from the planning and land management department in your County. Contact the Washington County Planning department and give them your Tax ID number and ask them to assist you with your project. http://www.co.washington.or.us/LUT/Divisions/CurrentPlanning…

They will usually have an instruction sheet or hand out with a list of procedures. The application may include necessary steps such as a habitat study, or any number of other items for a complete "Lot Split".

Contact them here and ask for the exact procedure for completing a lot split in Wasington County, Oregon:

155 N First Ave Suite: 350
Hillsboro, OR 97124-3072
Phone: (503) 846-4530
Fax: (503) 846-4412
Land Use & Transportation

Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 11, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer