Home Selling in 92804>Question Details

Putran, Home Seller in 92804

My family can't afford to pay for our mobile home anymore. We want to short sale it. What do we have to do?

Asked by Putran, 92804 Wed Jul 6, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


You'll have to meet with a Realtor to talk about the short sale process. You want to make sure you've looked at all your options.

Call me for a free consultation and I will answer any questions you have about the short sale process.

I've gone through short sale training and update myself throughout the year so you are of the latest changes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 15, 2014
Putran, after you check out some of the answers you've been given, I humbly suggest that you check out rental properties, nearby, that would work for you or you and your family. While Gerard's answer was mostly off base, he did have one nugget in his response.

Your payments are probably lower where you are, than any comparable rental property - unless you'll be moving out of Orange County.

Good luck in finding a solution.
Web Reference: http://BobPhillips.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 7, 2011

Contact your lender first and let them know you have a hardship. They may have alternatives for you.

Thom Colby
Broker / Owner
Thom Colby Properties
Newport Beach CA
DRE # 01398570
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 6, 2011
Putran, I see you're home is located in Anaheim. I'm assuming it's a rental park. I'm a licensed Manufactured Home Contractor, Dealer and RE Broker. I pay cash for MH's depending on the year, condition of the home and the park. I would need the particulars i.e. year, make, park, space rent, lender, payoff amount, back taxes, leins, etc.

I would suggest that you either call me at 760 815-6977 or email me at onthelevel@cox.net. You really don't want to give up too much personal information on an open forum like this. I'll be happy to take a look at your situation if it fits my buying criteria and I get management approval I'd be happy to make you a cash offer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 6, 2011
Putran, Gerard is right in that it will depend upon the finance company. A CDPE in your area will be able to help you get the answers you need. I think recommending that you quit smoking or eat less would definitely be outside the scope of advice from a real estate expert. I hope that your family has plenty of food to eat!
Web Reference: http://www.DotChance.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 6, 2011
You may not be able to short sale a Mobile home, depends on who you financed with, most just get repossessed by the lending institute . Try and find a way to make the payments, t has to be cheaper than rent, make sacrifices if you have to, you know cutting out 3 packs of cigarettes a week can bring as much as %60-%70 per month, less eating out can save another hundred or two!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 6, 2011
Putran, first of all let me say that I am so sorry for your trouble. I hope that things get better for you right away. You need to find a CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert) to handle your short sale for you. You can go to http://www.CDPE.com and search for your local expert.

All my best,
Dot Chance, Realtor®
Certified Distressed Property Expert, CDPE®
DRE License #01494182
Keller Williams Realty World Media Center
Web Reference: http://www.dotchance.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 6, 2011
Hi Outran, It is a possibility. Would need more information to give you a better answer.. Let me know how else I can help you.. Talk to you soon.. ingrid Ski Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 6, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer