My credit score is a 661 and my husband's score is a 605. What kind of interest rate am i looking at with?

Asked by Latasih, Lafayette, LA Tue Apr 29, 2008

these scores? My goal is at least a 6.5% with 10 percent down.

Answers

5
Gerard Dunn, Agent, Chevy Chase, MD
Sun Aug 29, 2010
You will have to bring up your credit score to above 620. If you can qualify on your income alone - you should be looking at an FHA rate in the high 4% range.

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker

Serving Maryland, Virginia and D.C
301-651-8600
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Sun Aug 29, 2010
NONE!

The borrower will need a 620 or higher!

Interest rates are genenerally offered based on risk, a 605 credit score suggest that the borrower is a higher risk than a borrower with a mid 8 score
Melissa Gaub…, , Lafayette, LA
Wed Aug 18, 2010
Hi Latasih!
Most lenders like to see a 620-630 credit score. Your husband's score is a little low but if you work with the right lender they can have his score up within 30-60 days if he follows their expert advice. You guys have great credit and I am confident with those credit scores you can get the lowest interest rates...... Rates are under 5.00% right now depending on which program you go with. I'll gladly set you up with a lender and find the perfect home for you if you would like my assistance.

PS: I notice you question was posted 2 years ago. If you've already moved pass this....then please disregard this message!
craig miramb…, Agent, Metairie, LA
Tue Apr 29, 2008
Don't do anything more than 6.5 for sure. You should be able to get 6.0 easy. I have lenders that would fight for your business, let me know if you would like to speak with one of them, realtorcraig@cox.net
David Banks, Agent, Rancho Mirage, CA
Tue Apr 29, 2008
You would possibly qualify for a Government Guaranteed FHA Loan - Minimum downpayment and interest in the 5 - 6 % Range -