My buyer closing date was July 15,2013, we have not closed as of this date. there are no extensions in writing. just not done what are my options?

Asked by Juanita Mathis, Bronx, NY Sat Oct 5, 2013

Answers

6
Fernando Pet…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Sun Oct 6, 2013
Juanita, colleagues. Calling an attorney should be your best option. There are so many. I am sure you will find one that can interpret your situation. We don't give legal advice, Juanita. Good luck!
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Oct 6, 2013
As described......you are likely out of contract. Which means the buyer has no contractual obligation to you for the subject property.

Assuming you are working with an agent that is representing you, it would behoove you to use them to access the information you require.

So many questions come to mind:

Do you have a copy of the executed contract to refer to?

Is this a short sale or foreclosure?

Have you been given an explanation for this delay?

What is the current status of the property on the MLS?
John Bennett, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sun Oct 6, 2013
Of course we have not a clue as to what is going on.

But, the little we can see . . . . well it looks very ugly.

You need a real Estate attorney, fast.

John
also if this was to be a cash sale why the commitment letter?
Flag Sun Oct 6, 2013
June 2013 told by broker that buyer is selling his house, will then purchase my coop, sign contract with buyer July 2013, after 45 ( August 15th.) days my lawyer had not heard from buyer, I told my lawyer to cancel contract, however, buyer 's lawyer faxed commitment letter to my lawyer 2 days later Lawyer said commitment letter was dated 7/15/2013 but, my did not cancel. middle of Sept.broker informed me buyer was to have a closing on his house, did not happen, because the buyer supposively had a violationthat needed to be fixed & inspected, a week later buyer was to close on his house , this being a week before Sept ends. As of right now- i don't know if the buyer closed on his house. There are no contigencies in the contract. My closing date was scheduled July 30, 2013
Flag Sun Oct 6, 2013
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Sun Oct 6, 2013
Who wrote the contract for you. Are you working with a real estate agent or a real estate attorney. If so, they should be able to advise you what to do. Was this a normal sale or a short sale. Did you have a cash buyer or were they obtainng a mortgage. It is hard to advise you without knowing the exact circumstances of the contract.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Re/Max Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Sun Oct 6, 2013
-
At what point are you going to get off that train to nowhere?

Please respond and tell me if one of the below are what's going on:

1. they don't have enough money down for their situation, yet they're in denial and are chasing every carrot, down every rabbit hole leading to dead end after dead end

2. their credit is bad and they can't buy, because they don't have enough money down for their situation, yet they're in denial and are chasing every carrot, down every rabbit hole leading to dead end after dead end

3. their credit is good, but they're self-employed and are getting turned down by bank after bank because of their tax returns, yet they're in denial and are chasing every carrot, down every rabbit hole leading to dead end after dead end

I can step in and either save the deal...OR...put an end to the madness! Review the below programs, send them to the buyer and have them call me

97% LTV- NO PMI
97% LTV- CONDO- NO PMI
90% LTV- 2nd Home- NO PMI
90% LTV- JUMBO- NO PMI
85% LTV- Super Jumbo- NO PMI

85% LTV- Invest. /Rental
80% LTV- Foreign Nationals
70% LTV- Manf. Homes over 90k

STATED INCOME ALT-up to Super Jumbo

90% LTV- Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure Forgiveness
80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.
75% LTV- Foreign Nationals
70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money

COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS-nationwide

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
#204296

Prior Service: U.S. MARINE CORPS
====
Nadine Mauro, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Sat Oct 5, 2013
Hi Juanita,

Go see a good real estate attorney with a copy of your contract in hand. Let the attorney read the contract and advise you of your options.