May I post a home for sale by owner? If so how do I do it?

Asked by Michael Sullivan, 11530 Tue Oct 27, 2009

Answers

5
Voices Member’s answer
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Wed Oct 28, 2009
". If I were to provide information to you on how to sell a home by owner, I would be assisting you into receiving 21.432% less money from the sale of your house. That figure is documented. "

So if a person knows the information a Realtor knows about selling a home they would receive 21.432% less money from the sale of their Property? That figure is documented?

I feel comfortable in saying I speak for all Non-Pros when I say....It seems it would be best not to know what a Realtor knows about selling and keep the 21.432%

The good news is " Anyone with half a brain can "find a buyer" for a home. "
http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Selling/If_I_find_a_buyer_…

; ) Dunes
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Tue Oct 27, 2009
" am comfortable in saying I speak for all Realtors....we would be doing you a disservice to provide any information that would encourage you to take a hit on the sale of your property.
............................................................
Gail, with all due respect, you are not speaking for me with that statement.

I respect anyone's right to try to sell their home on their own.....with a full service agent .....or with a flat fee or discount agent.......that's their right

If they are successful, and whether they ultimately net more or less is not exactly known, and I would never be so arrogant as to make such a sweeping generalization. It sounds like "realtor speak", and it usually turns off most consumers.

Sure, I feel I add value to a seller's efforts, but, I am sure there are occasions when an informed, educated fsbo does fine on their own through the internet or a flat fee set up that places them on the mls.

When I have a client who wants to try selling on their own initially .......I wish them well..advise them not to spend or waste too much marketing time .......and if their attempts at selling don't work...... I ask them to give me a call. I have even offered to help them negotiate if they get an offer, and I tell them what questions to ask the buyers that come along.

I do not feel I am doing them a disservice by offering my help.
I call this GOODWILL.................and it has worked for me quite well over the years.
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Tue Oct 27, 2009
Michael, as a Realtor, I have vowed to assist our buyers and our sellers in the best way possible with the highest amount of skills. If I were to provide information to you on how to sell a home by owner, I would be assisting you into receiving 21.432% less money from the sale of your house. That figure is documented.

I am comfortable in saying I speak for all Realtors....we would be doing you a disservice to provide any information that would encourage you to take a hit on the sale of your property.

I will be happy to provide more information/documentation as to why selling by owner is such a bad economical decision...feel free to contact/call.... Gail@GailGladstone.com 631-425-6150
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com
Christina Bu…, Agent, Garland, TX
Tue Oct 27, 2009
There's a lot more to selling a house, than just putting a sign on the lawn...an ad on the web and waiting for buyers. However, if you want the most money, the quickest sale, with the fewest problems...call a Realtor.
Robin Silver…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Garden City, NY
Tue Oct 27, 2009
Before you decide to do this, you should give some thought to the area you are in. I am not a realtor, however I am a loan officer who has worked extensively with buyers in Garden City because of my relationship with one of the realty offices in town. There is always a chance that someone will come in and like your house and give you an offer. There is also a chance that someone will come in who has something else in mind. The realtors in town have always worked on a lower commission structure than the typical 6%, and they work hard for what they do for you. Each buyer gets escorted to your home, so you never end up alone in your home with a buyer who, lets face it, you really don't know at all.
Let's say you do choose to advertise here. You get a call from someone who says, "I can only come to see it Monday night at 7:30." What will you do then? You never want to turn down a potential buyer, but I am sure you would feel much more comfortable if they came with an agent at that time. The market it Garden City has stabilized for the most part, and there are plenty of buyers out there. Let a professional help you to market it so that it does sell.