Martinez Home Movement

Asked by Danine, Martinez, CA Wed Aug 8, 2007

I own a home in Martinez - modest, about 1500 square feet...very nice neighborhood within John Swett school boundaries...Home is in good shape - lots of new additions (windows, paint, landscape...) Contemplating selling my home...just curious how homes are moving in Martinez...what the typical turn-around time is for home selling? Thanks

Answers

3
Wayne Hallad…, , Walnut Creek, CA
Mon Aug 27, 2007
As of today, August 27, 2007, there are 37 homes on the market in Martinez sized between 1,300 square feet and 1,799 square feet. July turn around time for this sized home was only 29 days with 3.4 months of inventory. This is a good and a balanced market, not an overheated or unstable market. My wife and I are full time realtors with Alain Pinel. We have been Realtors here in central Contra Costa since 1978. This is a great market, it just requires understanding. We are available if you need further information...
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Wed Aug 8, 2007
Pams stats are right on. A properly priced, properly marketed home should easily sell within 45 days. A good Realtor will not only be experienced in Martinez, but also surrounding communities. Martinez may not be a preferred community for all buyers. A good Realtor will also target prospective buyers - and their agents - in surrounding communities. The good news is, despite the local media reports, homes ARE selling in the Bay Area and your will sell too, if properly priced and propely marketed. Check out my website (link below) for more information....and answers to other questions you may have. I am here to help.
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Wed Aug 8, 2007
That is a good question. Currently there are 213 single family homes for sale in Martinez for sale. 31 properties went into escrow since July 1st. There is about 9 1/2 months of inventory if no more property was listed. A property priced and prepared property should sell (go into escrow within 45 - 60 days. Since yours is in good shape and has other amenities is should receive an offer within that window. I would be glad to be specific with yours. Visit my website or give me a call.
Web Reference:  http://pamwinterbauer.com