Looking to sell my house in Troy

Asked by Andrew, Troy, MI Tue May 29, 2012

I have relocated for a job in Grand Rapids and need to sell my home in Troy. This is my first home, so I'm not sure what steps I need to follow to sell my house. Does anyone have any suggestions on finding a good realtor? I am looking for someone that will be able to sell my house for a fair price as soon as possible. Thanks.

Answers

22
Slp, , Homestead, FL
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Please provide additional information regarding the home; i.e; square footage, style of home, yearly taxes, age of home, exterior brick or siding ? or partial brick? How long have you lived in the home? Approx. location in Troy i.e., southeast/southwest area or northeast/northwest area. It is very easy to determine what houses sold for and what are the current listings to determine the price a buyer would pay for your home. - Have you tried home for sale by owner? Worked very well for person who lived in Troy in the "Ermald Lakes Sub Division" He certainly didn't pay any realestate fees which can run 7% of selling price for home.
Madhu Oberoi, Agent, West Bloomfield, MI
Sun Jul 8, 2012
You should work with a realtor to get the most visibility and exposure. A good realtor will market the property to all the real estate web sites and get you the best deal. If you would like to contact me I can guide you through the process.
Madhu Oberoi
Real Estate One
Madhuoberoi@realestateone.com
248-875-6739
Slp, , Homestead, FL
Fri Jul 6, 2012
HI, I am looking for a home in Troy, but do not want to an agent, since real estate transactions can be completed by owners without the extornary fees of real estate fees. If you can provide additional information of the home would assist. I am looking for north end of Troy at a resonsonable market price.
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Please give me a call and I can help you to sell your house. I am very familiar with the area and have lots of clients and.friends looking for homes in Troy. I can send you a brokers estimate of market values of similar homes in the area.
Madhu Oberoi
248-875-6739
Madhuoberoi@realestateone.com
TroyHomeBuyer, Home Buyer, Troy, MI
Thu May 31, 2012
can u tell the size and school area? my email id is imtapori AT yahoo DOT com and you can send me email - I am looking for buying house.
Tue May 29, 2012
Please get in touch with me and I can assist you. Real Estate One is the largest company in Michigan and has a very extensive network of websites where your house will be posted to get the maximum exposure. You will get very efficient service, weekly updates and activity on the house. You will be extremely pleased with my service. please call me or send me an email and I will get in touch with you to list your house.
I will provide you with a brokers estimate of similar houses in the area and give you an idea of the fair market price of the house.

Madhu Oberoi
Real Estate One
6960 Orchard Lake Road
West Bloomfield, Mi. 48322
madhuoberoi@realestateone.com
248-875-6739
William Sham…, Agent, Birmingham, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
This is a great time to sell a home and Troy is a very desirable place to live. I have lived and worked in Troy for the past 20 years. We have many buyers coming into our office or calling everyday looking for a house in Troy. Since I live and work in here, I would be happy to assist you.
You will want an agent that knows the area and the value of other properties in the city of Troy. I am also a former Real Estate Appraiser and can tell you how other appraisers will value your home. I also have a few different ideas to sell your home faster.
David Janows…, Agent, Troy, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
Andrew,
Congrats on the new job in Grand Rapids. ....It is a great time to sell in Troy at this time. We have many buyers coming or calling our office looking for a house in Troy. Since I live and work in Troy I would be happy to assist you.
You will want an agent that knows the area and the value of other properties in the city of Troy.,
If you need any assistance please feel free to look at my web site, give me a call or stop in and learn how I can help you with the marketing of your house.
Kathy Persha, Agent, Birmingham, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
Andrew,

I fully agree with Maureen, you need to ask the agents that you are interviewing for their written marketing plan. If they can't produce a plan, then it's time to save Next and move on.

And the best advice that Maureen gave you is not to go with an agent just because they gave you the highest number on your house. Many agents will inflate what they tell you your house is worth just to get the listing. Then after your house sits on the market with no offers, they will keep coming back to you for price reductions. What you want is an agent who will give you the fair market value of your house, not an inflated one. If your house is priced correctly, you will have offers coming in very fast.

Also, ask for that list of satisfied clients from the agent and call them. You want to hear what other people have to say about the agent that you are turning the marketing of your house over to.

Kathy Persha, Realtor
248-930-0198
Maureen Fran…, Agent, Birmingham, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
Hi Andrew,

Certainly with thousands of Realtors in Metro Detroit, you have many agents to chose from. And you have a nice starting point here with all the agents who have thrown their name in the hat, and are ready to help you.

A first time seller has unique questions because this is the first time you've been on that side of the table. Your concerns are different from what they were when you were a first time buyer.

If I were looking to sell and I was not an agent, I would look for recommendations from friends who had sold or bought recently in my area and had a positive experience with their agent. I would want to know what they liked about their agent. Personally, most of my business comes from referrals from past clients who share my name with their family and friends.

I would interview 3 agents and ask them about their marketing plans, experience in my area and what they would do to get my home sold. I would want to know what I needed to do as the seller to get the maximum value in the shortest time. Sometimes little things can make a big difference, and most agents will make good suggestions before the home goes on the market.

I would advise you not just to go with the person who tells you the highest number. Go with the one you trust most to get the job done and work with them on setting a good listing price.

Congratulations on your new job Andrew. Grand Rapids is a great town, and I hope you enjoy it there. If I can be of assistance in your move, I am happy to help. I also know some great agents in Grand Rapids who can help you get settled in on the other end. And if you would like to talk with a happy home seller of a home that closed earlier this month in Troy (Raintree Sub) with my assistance, I have a client who would be happy to tell you about how I helped her to get far more than she thought was possible for the house.

--Maureen
Karen Paytas, Agent, Clinton Twp, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
Andrew,

Good Afternoon!! You should interview several agents before you make a decision on who you can work with. Please do not pick the agent that says your home is worth the most. The agent should do a comparative market analysis for your square mile area for homes that have sold within no more than the last 6 months but preferable in 2012. If you would like to discuss this further I would be happy to assist you.

Send me an email or give me a call and we can set up a time to meet and discuss your property.

Have a Great Day!!

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
Ron Ristovski, Both Buyer And Seller, Troy, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
Andrew,

We are investors and have realtor access too. If you like us to take a first look on the property, we can make cash offer and close right away.

You can also use our realtor for listing if you have us to purchase or not.

Ron
http://www.TheBestMIHomes.com
http://www.AffordableMIHomes.com
Vera Gonzalez, Agent, Sterling Heights, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
Andrew,

In order to sell your home we can go through it together! You can tell me some of the things that helped you fall in love with your home. We can decide what needs to be done and how it needs to be staged to set your sale up for success. I will do my best to get you multiple offers many of my listings have! I use the latest technology mixed with old school real estate( Great personalized client service!)
You can interview me at your earliest convenience. I live right around the corner and have been for 40 years!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Vera
John Hohenst…, Agent, Troy, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
I would be happy to help!

I list and sell homes in Troy on a regular basis.

My office is Real Estate One in Troy and we are the top company in Michigan and in your area.

We do paper advertising and every internet site there is available to list your home, so the exposure is key and you'll get the most from Real Estate One.

John Hohenstern
cell: 586-634-3975
Diane Losee, Agent, Troy, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
Hi Andrew,

My name is Diane Losee
I would be happy to meet with you and discuss the selling of your home.

I can be reached at 586 321 0947
or via email
dianelosee@yahoo.com
Sigrid Garri…, Agent, Rochester, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
Andrew,

I'm excited for you. I have been looking for homes in Troy to sell. There are not enough of them.

It would be my pleasure to come over your home & give you my evaluation. I will be fair & Honest. At the same time, I would explain the selling process to you & answer any questions you may have. You may have other options instead of selling at this time.

You can check out my recommendation on my website http://www.SigridGarrick.com
You can also go on my main website http://www.MacombOaklandHomes.com & check out my market insider. that will give you information about your zip code.
Please contact me so I can get your evaluation started.

Sincerely Yours,

Sigrid Garrick
E-Pro & SFR Certified Realtor
Keller Williams Troy
586-322-7165 cell
sgarrick@wideopenwest.com
Derek Bauer, Agent, South Lyon, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
Hi, Andrew. Congratulations on the job! Grand Rapids is such an awesome area and I hope you enjoy your time there.

As was said below, I encourage you to interview 2-3 experts. It's funny ... I have 2 books coming out in the next few weeks about how a seller should do this, and how they can get top dollar for their home. If those were available now, I'd send them to you.

In the interim, feel free to visit the website I have posted below to see how we work. I would appreciate being interviewed for your consideration.

Thanks in advance, and I hope to hear from you.
Doug Shaw, Agent, Troy, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
Give me a call I am a Troy resident / Broker with a proven track record of results over the past 23 years. Doug Shaw, RE/MAX 248-330-0177 http://www.sellingtroy.com I look forward to hearing from you.
Doug Shaw, Agent, Troy, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
Give ma a call, I am Troy Resident / Broker with 23 years experience Doug Shaw, RE/MAX in the Hills 248-330-0177 http://www.sellingtroy.com
Bob Mitchell, Agent, Warren, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
I would be happy to take a look and let you know what I think. Most of my listings have been selling in under a month lately. Feel free to contact me. Thanks, Bob

Bob Mitchell SFR, Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource
Sales Associate

Real Estate One
34620 Utica Rd., Ste. 100
Fraser, MI, 48026

586.615.8422 Direct
586.285.3412 Fax
http://www.HouseHunterBob.com
Joe Bertera, Agent, Plymouth, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
The best thing to do is interview at least 3 Realtors and find out which one is the best fit for you. In the current market homes are selling quickly and the fastest way to sell is to price correctly for the area and give as much internet exposure as possible.

If you would like a market analysis and/or setup a meeting please let me know and myself my team would be happy to assist you.

You can call, text, or email me anytime.

Joe Bertera. 248.521.6443 joebertera@gmail.com
Kathy Persha, Agent, Birmingham, MI
Tue May 29, 2012
Andrew,

I can help. Call me at 248-930-0198. I usually get good offers on my listings within 1-3 weeks. I know how to get a house sold fast. Call me to discuss how I can sell your house fast for the highest possible price. And I will be happy to give you a list of very satisfied clients.

Kathy Persha, Realtor
Keller Willliams Realty
248-930-0198

http://www.kaperproperties.com
http://kathypersha.yourkwagent.com/
http://www.kw.com/kw/agent/kathypersha
http://www.kathyhelpsmichiganhomeowners.com/