Looking for great agent in Forked River NJ

Asked by Lilly Lederman, Forked River, NJ Sat Apr 19, 2008

Pheasant Run subdivion house for sale (55 )
Also wondering who is good rental agent - thinking of doing option to sell rental.

Answers

11
Lawrence Costa’s answer
Lawrence Cos…, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Thu Jun 5, 2008
I live and work in Lacey Township. I am familiar with Pheasant Run and the models available.
I have been selling Real Estate for the last 11 years in this area.
Contact me if you need any help:
Lawrence Costa
RE/MAX At Barnegat Bay
221 Lacey Road
Forked River, NJ 08731
Office: 609-693-5002
Cell: 609-709-0314 Preferred way to contact me.
E-mail LawrenceCosta@comcast.net
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Sun May 25, 2008
Good luck in your agent search, you've already received some great suggestions. I'd offer one more, check to see what kind of on going education you agent has. NJ is the only state that does not require a real estate licensee get further education In this market, you want an agent that is on top of his/her game!
Dan Desmond, Agent, Forked River, NJ
Wed Jul 1, 2009
Hello Lilly, I am a 35 year resident of Lacey and have been in the business over 20 years and closed more than 600 homes in the area. My wife, Debbie, owns the Forked River Florist and we have both served the community in many areas. The great news is that the Help-U-Sell system can sell your home AND save you a lot of money, It has been working in hundreds of offices around the country for over 30 years!

Best Wishes

Dan Desmond
Broker, Help-U-Sell Bay Beach Realty
609-242-0506
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Have you listed your property? If so, can you share any details?
Deborah
Red Bank Roc…, Both Buyer And Seller, 07701
Sun Apr 20, 2008
Ask friends or use MEMBER SEARCH on Trulia to find agents. Call them on their cell phones. Don't go with the first agent. Find the agent who is right. You can always go back to the first agent. Talk to at least 3 or 4.
John Jelinski, , Barnegat, NJ
Sun Apr 20, 2008
Lilly,

That is how you find an agent, you interview many, much like a job application. Some interview better than others, just like some test takers do well in class and writing papers, even grasping and using the knowledge taught in class, and then go on to be lousey test takers...go figure.
Interview many, and also ask people to whom you may know that have had a good experience with...selling wise. YOU decide. Don't just let someone "razzle, dazzle" you. Talk is cheap, results (and a relationship with you) only should matter.
An old saying goes..."measure your cloth 3 times because you can only cut it once!
Again, I hope to speak with you (and become your choice) but I can also help you by recommending people to speak with, even with other agencies (gasp!), and/or advise on how you should do it. I want to see you succeed at what you wish to accomplish, either way.

Again, best wishes, and I do hope to hear from you.

John Jelinski
Crossroads Realty, Barnegat
609-713-3454
johnjelinski_7@msn.com
Lilly Lederm…, Home Seller, Forked River, NJ
Sun Apr 20, 2008
Thanks for your responses. The type of agent you described, John is what I am looking for. Please don't let the semantics of my using the word 'great' throw you.
I'll be in touch. I do wish, however some sellers had also responded so I get another point of view, too!
Gina Chirico, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Sat Apr 19, 2008
Lilly, Well said by John. Just because an agent advertises on a billboard, etc. doesn't mean they are great agents...just means they spend a lot of money advertising themselves. I don't cover your area - I'm in North Jersey but I read your post and John's response and he's right on target. Good Luck and definitely give John a call and maybe some other agents in that area and interview them to see what works best for you. I can always give you a referral to an agent in our South Jersey office. (Referral does mean that I will get compensated for referring you - I noticed a few posts where agents offered referrals and other agents accused them of not telling the "client" a fee would be paid to them by the broker). Again, I would call on John first as he did take the time to answer your post.

Gina Chirico
PNJP-Caldwell
973-228-1000 ext 132
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com
John Jelinski, , Barnegat, NJ
Sat Apr 19, 2008
Lilly,

I don't think there is anything like a "great agent", only smart, hard working agents.
Sure there are agents that may get alot of listings, because thier name is everywhere, signs, billboards, etc. They may seem to be great agents, but do THEY sell alot, or do others sell for them and make them SEEM to be great. Don't judge a book ONLY by its cover. Ask around, research and see which agent does the MOST to help YOU.
I like to think I am great because I do alot for my customers but I am really just a good agent. Any agent who says they are great are fooling themselves and you.
What you want is an agent who knows how to market well, who works well with other agencies, does a ton of advertising for YOU, not themselves, and most of all, puts your listing on as many internet sites for maximum exposure. Also, you want one who knows where to find just the right property for YOU, not just one THEY want to sell you for the most commission.
I KNOW that I do those things for my customers.
Do I want your business, of course. Are there better than me, of course...but I hate to think so.

If you wish any help, please call; if not only to work with me, but also if I can help direct you to someone with whom YOU would like to work with.

You may contact me anytime and I hope to hear from you, if only to give you advice.

Remember: there are no "great agents", just hard working ones.

Best wishes,

John Jelinski
Crossroads Realty, Barnegat
609-713-3454
johnjelinski_7@msn.com

PS, check out our website at http://www.crossroadsrealtynj.com
Truliaseller, Both Buyer And Seller, Forked River, NJ
Mon Jul 4, 2011
My Agent, Kristie Marino, has been working with us for a year. She is an extremely hard working person, who has put up with ME, in this very difficult market. Our house is on the smaller side, and with the market so flooded, it's been difficult, but Kristie has made sure she has had all of our information out there, and we have had MANY showings... 60-70 in the past year. Which is remarkable! She answers all my (our) questions, and has been there to listen to my frustrations, concerns, and worries. She has become almost like family.

I would highly recommend her to ANYONE. She works with REMAX of Barnegat Bay (609)548-0706. We live in Forked River. We are FINALLY under contract.. YAHOO!
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Sun Apr 20, 2008
I have a friend who works with Weichert in that area. I'd be happy to recommend her if you need another name. Contact me through Trulia. Good luck.
Web Reference:  http://www.dianeglander.com