Looking for an agent to assist in selling my 3br/2ba condo in uptown, with a tentative list date of Feb 1 2013.

Asked by troy560, Chicago, IL Mon Dec 10, 2012

The unit might be underwater or right at the current debt balance. Would prefer someone with knowledge of the Uptown area and market. Any suggestions on agents, or search tools?

Answers

26
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Hi, you are right you need a Realtor who knows the uptown market well, and is also well experienced in short sales, you MUST also talk with your financial adviser or accountant to understand the impact of a short sale, although you may not need to. If you get a good Realtor and he or she determine the potential sale price for your property, it all depends on location, amenities (washer dryer in unit, elevator building or not, parking etc. and the monthly assessment, pets allowed or not so a lot will play into the final interest of buyers and their willingness to pay in view of what else is available)

Our Real Estate Brokerage @Properties is phenomenal and experienced with all aspects of the
Chicago Real Estate Market, and many of our city agents have experience with potential short sales. Jeff Stewart from one of our offices below offered his services, and I strongly suggest you contact him and discuss your situation with him in detail, to see what your options are.

Good Luck to you, hopefully your property shows well and you can with great pricing, marketing, advertising and a little staging sell your property without short selling.

I hope this helps...

Most Sincerely yours,
Edith
YourRealtor4Life and your Chicago
and Northern Illinois and RElocation Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
@Properties North Shore
Edith speaks French, German, Spanish & more
Get to know Edith and her Service her website is
http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com
Thank you Edith!
Flag Tue Dec 11, 2012
Jack Lewitz, Agent, Lincolnwood, IL
Tue Dec 11, 2012
troy,

I would be glad to assist you in the sale of your condo in Uptown. I am SFR certified with lots of experience doing both Short Sales and REO sales. I do my own negotiations and will keep on top of the short sale process for you. I am a preferred short sale agent with Chase and BOA but have done short sales with most banks.

I recommend you read up an learn as much as possible about short sales and can direct you to my website at http://www.ilrealestatespecialists.com.

By the way I forgot to mention I am a listing agent and 95% of all of my listings are distressed sales.

Should you have any questions I am also available for free consultation.

Jack Lewitz
Broker Owner
IL Real Estate Specialists
708-309-5334
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Troy560,

Looks like you have a lot of agents who responded. I lived in uptown for 20 years and understand the who the market has changed.

If you think you are under water you definitely need to work with a broker with experience in short sales. I have seen some brokers try to the short sale process themselves. I would advise you team up with a broker that has teamed up with a law firm that specializes in short sales. Here are the benefits. A reputable law firm that specializes in short sales take no monies from the client. The motivation is to make sure your short sales goes through as quickly and painlessly as possible. They will get paid at the closing as part of the closing costing you absolutely nothing out of your pocket.. The second benefit of using a broker who has teamed with a short sale attorney is your broker is than focused on doing what they do best., listing and selling your condo.

I work with team of attorneys that specialize in short sales and have staff dedicated to short sales. They already have contacts with all the major banks.

Best of Luck,

Manuel Brown, Broker
iMove Chicago
Sohail Salah…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Troy,

WOW, WOW!... What to do, what to do... so many options out there. Since you realize that there are so many agents here that can help you, naturally your next step is to interview a handful of agnets who you believe are going to get the job done. I am not going to ask you for the listing, since there are so many agents here asking for it I will give you this specific instructions to ensure you choose the right agent.

1. Look for an agent who understands pricing in this market to sell your condo.
2. You need to find an agent who has, hands down, the most extensive marketing out there (very important)
3. Find an agent who has support, either they have assistants or work with a successful team.
4. Choose a reputable firm to list your place with.
5. Put a cancellation guarantee in place that says that you can fire the agent at anytime if you are not happy.

With these strategies in place you can't lose.

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Founder

Innovative Property Consultants Group | Sales and Leasing

http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

"Extraordinary Service For Extraordinary Lives"
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Dec 11, 2012
As you can see you are very popular. I am not interested because you probably need to do a short sale, but it is very important that you speak with your accountant or attorney about your financial situation to understand the potential consequences of a short sale on your future financial situation. Do not listen to what agents say about it. You might not want to do a short sale, but wait or rent it out. The market has started to change so waiting 1-2 years might be best to avoid the consequences of a short sale. Have a few agents do a market analysis to see what your value might be. I could do that for you.
Jeff Stewart, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Hi Troy,

Although I'm not the first responder I hope you will consider me as a potential Realtor to list and sell your condo. I've helped quite a few buyers purchase homes in Uptown in the past few years, am in talks with two sellers to list their homes and have most recently sold a home at 4513 N. Dover in July 2012. Part of the reason for my experience comes from the fact that I've lived in the neighborhood for two years and have had quite a bit of experience looking at comparable properties when it comes to listing a home and even submitting offers.

Prior to listing your home we will have your home professionally photographed and a virtual tour will be completed. With these photos I'll create a property brochure that will be passed out during showings. This brochure is very important as it helps Buyers remember your property or even reference back for information should they have questions. Fortunately for you, a majority of the listings a Buyer will view don't even bother to give out a MLS listing sheet! I also have an in depth property informations sheet (around 5 pages) for you and i to fill out in order for me to have every and any piece of information on your home and building when it comes time for showings. You would be surprised with how little information some Realtors know while trying to sell your home. This ensures that I will never not know an answer to a Buyer's question. Should your building allow signs @properties and I will install a sign for additional walk-by advertising!

After listing your home I'll create an e-blast that goes out to my entire sphere in addition to a separate Realtor sphere and an additional @properties agent sphere which numbers over 1,000 agents. @properties and I also give you weekly listing updates to include real data including how many times your property is viewed from your properties' own domain to Trulia and Zillow. When it comes time for showings you can trust that I am present for every showing. I also make this process as easy on you as possible requiring ample notice for showings and also advising you once a showing is complete and you will also be given feedback on every showing. I'm also open to holding open houses if you allow and if they prove beneficial.

Once going under contract I have a list of excellent referrals for a real estate attorney. I also keep the entire process extremely organized for both myself and the Buyer's agent in order to keep everything in line. This also helps to keep the process as stress free as possible and ultimately ensures a greater chance of your home closing on time. Should a short sale be in your cards, as hinted to in your message, I have had a 100% success rate on closing my short sale listings. I also have an excellent short sale attorney and strategy in getting your home under contact and closing as quickly as possible.

Would love to chat further and even meet in person so I can provide all of my marketing info in order to have you make a decision!

Jeff Stewart
REALTOR®, @properties
3101 N. Greenview Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657
309-269-3499 CELL | 773-305-0480 FAX
jeffstewart@atproperties.com

As your Realtor I am present for every showing. Should you be living in your home when we list I will require buyers to provide 24 hours notice unless you give authorization with less notice. I also provide immediate showing feedback post showing and in the following days as soon as I'm able to speak to the buyer's agent.
Sari Levy, Agent, Addison, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
I've sold 3 bedroom/ 2 bath condos in Uptown before and I track the market there. A few thoughts for you. First of all, the inventory situation and market times there have recently improved dramatically. You can see my Uptown market page here: http://lucidrealty.com/uptown.php

Nevertheless, you are possibly looking at a short sale. Between myself and a colleague that I work with we have done dozens of short sales if that's what you need. You don't just need someone with knowledge of Uptown and short sales you need someone who is going to give you the attention that you deserve and a short sale demands lots of attention. More than anything find out what they are going to DO for you. If all they talk about is how great they are then you should find someone else.

Regardless of who you go with avoid the short sale mills. How do you know a short sale mill when you see one? Amateur photos, throw the property on a lockbox, one agent that does dozens of short sales per year supplemented by several assistants and you can't get the main guy on the phone ever except when he is trying to get your business.

Call me at 312-738-0232 to discuss further.
Web Reference:  http://LucidRealty.com
John Gall, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Feel free to contact me and I would be happy to deliver a pre-short sale packet describing the process and your options. The short sale is not necessarily your first or best option, especially if our government does not extend the 2007 Mortgage Relief Act, which is set to expire in about three weeks (end of 2012).

However, short sales can be beneficial to all parties involved (excluding the American taxpayers) and should you choose that path, I hold the SFR (Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource) designation in addition to my experience with handling such real estate transaction.

John Gall ABR SFR
Managing Broker
Realty Executives SourceOne
Jgall@realtyexecutives.com
Scott Newman, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Apr 9, 2014
Did you sell yet? if not we should talk!
Santiago Ken…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Apr 9, 2014
I hope by now your condo its sold ! great time to sell it , Bilingue agents would be great for your area....
Mark Bazzetta, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 31, 2012
Troy,

Happy New Year! Lots of good agents with lots of sage advice.

But in this market, you really need an agent who lives/works Uptown. Short Sale knowledge & experience are definitely key, but in my experience and humble opinion the right ATTORNEY is the key to working the short sale, once you find a buyer. Your real estate broker needs to focus on marketing and showing your property. In most SS cases, the attorney will get paid by the note holder. So when you interview agents, ask them if they will personally show your property. If not, move on.

Good luck with everything. Feel free to contact me anytime, if you want to bounce any ideas off of me.

Mark
ABR, ePRO, FSSR

Remax Edge
3843 N. Broadway
Chicago, IL 60613
773-244-2487
mjbazzetta@rcn.com
Web Reference:  http://www.MarkBazzetta.com
Jack Lewitz, Agent, Lincolnwood, IL
Sun Dec 30, 2012
I am a SFR certified listing agent with experience negotiating short sales. I would be glad to discuss your situation to discuss the process in detail. I have sold properties in uptown and surrounding areas.

You can also visit my web for more information.

PS I am a preferred short sale agent if or BOA and Chase
Matt Hoyt, Agent, Highland Park, IL
Sun Dec 30, 2012
Troy,

I have lived in Uptown/Sheridan Park and have bought and sold for clients in the area. Check out my profile then Call to discuss further or email me your address for a quick CMA. I lived at 4430 N Dover, right near Clark and Montrose from 2004-2010.

Lonny Miller, Agent, Highland Park, IL
Fri Dec 21, 2012
If you are interested in a short sale let me know. I have 99 current listings and all but one are short sales. Consultation is 1,000% free and if you do a short sale the bank pays all fees.

shortsaleinchicago.com/short-sale-testimonials

Thanks !

---

Lonny Miller

Realtor @ Charles Rutenberg Realty
Serving Chicago and Suburbs
lonny@shortsaleschicago.com
ph 847-347-4666
fax 847-737-1436 http://www.shortsaleschicago.com

'Helping Sellers of Short Sales Throughout Chicagoland'
Ivan Sagel, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Troy,

Give me a call, I am familiar with uptown. I have lunch on Argyle all the time... My last listing had multiple offers in less than a week.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Feel free to email at jmichaels@remax.net. I sold some new construction with the same issues you seem to have on kenmore one of the . Email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I can assist.

RE/MAX Northern Illinois, specializing in Illinois real estate and Chicago real estate. Chicagoland's leader since 1989, outstanding agents, outstanding results.
Sari Levy, Agent, Addison, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
One more thing...if you have substantial financial resources and still are underwater then you don't just need a good realtor you need a good attorney who can negotiate the short sale. We use an attorney that has recently been successful with avoiding deficiency judgements for sellers with substantial financial resources. Of course, individual results may vary, right?

As for the mortgage debt relief act...I would be shocked if they don't extend that. No guarantees of course but that one should be a no-brainer - even for politicians.
Web Reference:  http://LucidRealty.com
Ian Halpin, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Troy you will drive yourself insane if you try and feel out who is the best agent to list with. There are a ton of good agents out there and a few good ones who already responded.
Get on the phone and start talking to some over the next few weeks so you have a definite plan in place for the new year. Then watch the market for the first 60-90 days and you and your agent should be on the same page when it comes to time to put a price on that unit.

Ian Halpin / Broker
Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty
425 W. North Ave. / Chicago, IL 60610
O: 312.335.3220 / F: 312.229.9190 / C: 773.531.4479
ihalpin@jamesonsir.com | http://www.jamesonsir.com
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Sounds like it's a possible short sale. List your property based on its market value and not based on how much you need to cover your costs. If it is a short sale, gather up your paperwork to qualify with your lender. Should you need any assistance, feel free to contact me.
Ian Halpin, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Hello Troy560,

You are going to be absolutely inundated with agents giving opinions and looking for the listing. My advise is pick one who knows the neighborhood and you gel with. It still needs to be an enjoyable experience.

Personally I have lived in Edgewater for 13 years so know Uptown very well obviously. I would be glad to talk to you about the listing when the time is right.

Many thanks in advance and good luck with whatever direction you take.

Ian Halpin / Broker
Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty
425 W. North Ave. / Chicago, IL 60610
Jeff Nobleza, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
I currently am representing a seller in advertising their property at 1433 W Leland that is a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom unit. I'd love to be able to include your property in my advertising. In the past I have sold 4621 N Kenmore Unit 3 and 4452 N Beacon Unit 1.

Some things to consider are- if you are upside down, do you qualify for a short sale? Is selling really your best option? Will the condition of the HOA you are part of affect one's ability to finance the purchase of your unit?

-Jeff Nobleza
Baird & Warner
773 677 5340
Mark Davey, , Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Hey Troy,

I work the Uptown area. I would be happy to sit down and discuss your options. Feel Free to email or call.

773-412-5386
Mdavey@rubloff.com
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
You will be very popular on here.

I would look up some agents on here and other sites. Maybe ask some people for some suggestions as well. You can always read people reviews as well for help.

Interview two or three agents and go with the one you feel most comfortable with. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Matt Laricy
Amerciorp Real Estate
Managing Broker/Partner, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Web Reference:  http://Americorpre.com
BJ Tregoning, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
I helped a client sell a condo up there earlier this year and had a couple buyer clients that I helped. Depending on who your lender is and your financial situation it is possible to sell even if you are underwater. Give me a call or send me an email if you would like to discuss further.
Mark Goldberg, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
I'd be happy to help. My 16 years of experience will really benefit you. Please feel free to check out my website below, and I'd be happy to provide great references.
Mark Bazzetta, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Hi Troy. I live in Uptown and would love to sit down and discuss your goals. Our office is located close by too.

Mark
mark@markbazzetta.com