Looking for Sell-Side Realtor Assistance, Townhouse, Salem, MA (Pickman)

Asked by KP, 01970 Tue Jun 16, 2009

I am looking at listing my property this Summer. I have a townhouse in Salem, MA (Pickman Park) that has extensive updates. I am not desperate by any means but would like to see if I can sell it and possibly just move into a rental for 6-12 months before seeking out a house for the family. I do not know where to begin in terms of talking to sell-side realtors and am not aware of any "lending tree" type site for finding a real estate agent so I figured this may be a good space to reach out to experienced brokers on the North Shore. You can find several pictures of my listing via the link in my profile.

Here is the link - http://tinyurl.com/nls8hh

My desired listing price would be appx. $270K. I am happy to connect with interested parties about their services.

Answers

6
Wen Farina, Agent, Reading, MA
Mon Mar 26, 2012
Just as an fyi to fellow brokers/agents answering questions here assisting home buyers & sellers, be aware of links that are sometimes posted so you do not get a virus or information taken from your pc. Click on links that you trust. I've had this happen to me before with one of those tinyurl links. See date of original question here
Kevin Vitali, Agent, Tewksbury, MA
Mon Mar 26, 2012
I work throughout the Merrimack Valley and the North Shore. I would be happy to talk with you about the real estate market today, your unit, and marketing your home for maximum return.

You can view a recent website of a property of mine so you can see the type of marketing I do, from the quality of the photographs to a property website and videos....

http://35RiverwalkWayLowellMA.info

You can reach me at anytime.
Paul Stonkus, Agent, Lynn, MA
Tue Jun 16, 2009
KP-
The problem with selling in today's difficult financing climate is that the appraisals are done based upon square footage and comparative sales ONLY in the past 3 months. Almost all local financing is done through fannie mae/fha and they are not sympathetic to appraisers bumping values due to condition. It appears on a quick glance that the Pickman Park transfers qualifying to comp yours have been selling in the $235k to $250k range. Yes, if there were no PP sales, the appraiser would be able to comp you against other complexes, but they will be hard pressed to avoid the PP comps in favor of other more expensive complexes. In light of these facts, you could be putting your unit on the market for months, only to eventually find a buyer who is then unable to get financing due to comparable sales information available at that time.
Your unit appears to be in nice condition and desireable in the current market, but the pricing will be a problem for you.
Paul
If you have any other questions, or would like to discuss this situation, please feel free to give me a call.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynnforsale.com
Paul Stonkus, Agent, Lynn, MA
Tue Jun 16, 2009
KP-
Paul
Kelli Cassidy, , 01950
Tue Jun 16, 2009
Your townhouse looks very nice. Talk to you soon

Kelli
Kelli Cassidy, , 01950
Tue Jun 16, 2009
Hi KP,

I would be more than happy to assit you. I will take a look at your pics call or e-mail to set a meeting at you convenience

I look forward to speaking with you

Kelli Cassidy
RE/MAX Country Crossroads
978-979-2823