Just wondering if anyone has heard of My Broker Donates. http://mybrokerdonates.com Are there any agents out there using the service yet?

Asked by Provosaint, San Francisco, CA Tue Mar 29, 2011

Answers

4
Jed Lane, Agent, Petaluma, CA
Tue Mar 29, 2011
Provosaint heh? Are you a saint from Provo? I love the names people come up with on this site.

The web page you pointed out is another example of a broker buying business. What he's doing so publically is done by many agents all over the country. I know so many agents who give percentages of their income to local charities. Brokerages also have programs that give back, for example Coldwell Banker nationally gives to Habitat for Humanity. We do it on the local level by having build days and we also hold fundraisers. There is a large number of agents in San Francisco that support EARN, a non-profit that teaches financial management and mathches savings $2 for $1. In fact our association supports it too.

This giving isn't used to drum up business, it isn't touted as the reason to chose one over the other. Our giving is done from a generous heart not to buy business.
Kamal Randha…, Agent, El Sobrante, CA
Tue Mar 29, 2011
This is new to me, looks interesting, and worth checking out.
Jeannette Da…, , Oakland, CA
Tue Mar 29, 2011
From what i can tell from their site and my subsequent look-up on the DRE Licensing site they do not have any agents and this DBA is new to them as of 6/2010 (see link below) I also did not see any link to partner brokerages on their site. You may want to contact them to see if they have an agent list they want to share.
Laura Coffey, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Tue Mar 29, 2011
I have not heard of that. I will check it out.