Just found out my tenants are bailing on my rental house in Harpers Landing. Is it better to rent it out right now or try and sell it?

Asked by Woodlandsmom, The Woodlands, TX Mon Sep 14, 2009

2 story, 4/3.5/2 gameroom, oversized yard built Dec 2005 by plantation. Very pretty house, well maintained. What is the current rental for approx 2500 sq. ft. vs. asking prices? Thanks!

Answers

4
Jeremy Larkin…, , The Woodlands, TX
Mon Sep 14, 2009
I just recently sold a house in Harpers Landing off of Windswept Oaks with a tenant in it. I was able to get a 3 year corporate lease which was valuable to investors and turn around and sell it for top dollar. Whether you sell it with or without a tenant your agent will need to market the property appropriately. Listing the home for sale, and with limited information that i have, you are probably looking @ 215k - 220k range, but the price could go up or down from there.

As far as renting is concerned.You will be looking in the $1600-$1800 range. I rented out the aforementioned home which was a nice 2250 sq ft. house for $1850 per month. I've had very good luck with my listings this year and have a sucessful and finely tuned marketing plan. Feel free to email me if you'd like me to investigate this further for you. My office is in The Woodlands and would love to sit down with you and figure out exactly what you need.

Jeremy Larkin
832-622-8100
larkin@houstonicon.com
Maureen, , The Woodlands, TX
Wed Feb 17, 2010
You can rent it to me. I am looking for a property in Harpers Landing. Please email me at prayfollowlead@yahoo.com. I would love to talk to you about a long term lease(at least two years).

Maureen
Amber Carril…, , Houston, TX
Mon Sep 14, 2009
Hi Woodlandsmom,
You have a home located in one of the most desirable areas. Selling is generally never a problem year round in The Woodlands, neither is leasing for that matter. Our sales prices have been going up over the past several months. Please send me an email to ambersells@sbcglobal.net and I will send you a CMA for both. Thanks!

Amber Carrillo, Broker/Owner
It Homes
832-643-5632
Web Reference:  http://www.ithomesonline.com
Julie Young, Agent, The Woodlands, TX
Mon Sep 14, 2009
Right now is a great time to sell. I have several buyers that are looking for a home before the $8,000 tax credit deadline November 30, 2009. Harper's Landing is a great neighborhood and a wonderful location. I would be happy to talk to you about listing your home.

Julie Young
281-734-4846
jayoung@kw.com