Home Selling in Vail>Question Details

Lori, Both Buyer and Seller in Vail, CO

Is this still and Ok time to sell sor should I wait? Looking for experienced agent specializing in Vail, AZ!

Asked by Lori, Vail, CO Tue Dec 9, 2008

I want to know if it is still and ok time to sell or should I wait? If its an ok time to sell then I am looking for an aggressive agent that specializes in Vail. Prefer someone who has sold a home in Vail recently(last 6 months for list price or close to it). Someone who is going to look out for my best interest and someone I can actually get a hold of and not have a relationship with their voice mail.

Answers

7
Lori, although your question is several years old, I just saw it! Assuming you made a decision and sold your home. However, if you are like many who asked that question about selling or waiting back in 2008, you may have chosen to wait it out.

Many of my clients have been waiting, and are getting prepared this year to sell, now that prices have started to climb, and the buyers are out in droves trying to use the interest rates that are still under 5%!

I specialize in Vail, and if you need an experienced agent in this market, I would be delighted to speak with you about my recent Vail sales.

Kat Tyree, Associate Broker
Tierra Antigua Realty
520-730-5540
TucsonKat@gmail.com
Hello Lori,

I have lived in Tucson over 12 years, and I am very familiar with the ever growing area of Vail. I would be happy to do some research for you, to help you make some decisions about selling your home. Honestly, depending on some specifics, we may decide together, that it is not the right time for you to sell. But maybe it is. And if it is time to sell, there are many buyers out there, and many other homes for sale. There are many selling strategies we can utilize, to get your home sold in this very competetive market.

I would very much like to speak with you, to get a few details, and begin working with you and for you. I invite you to visit my website, and review my profile and read the written testemonies of some of my clients. My complete contact information is there, and I do look forward to hearing from you.

Have the best of days!

Connie
Hi Lori,

I lived in Sahuarita a couple of years ago and used an excellent agent in the area. She did a great job of selling our home and is an excellent communicator. She was always available and walked us through the process step by step. I know she sells homes all over the Tucson area and I highly recommend her.

The market has slowed down everywhere, but if you hire a good agent you should get good local advice and be just fine. The news is always full of fear and doubt, but I have had good success with selling homes in my area even in this slower and more challenging market. How you price your home will be one of the most crucial factors in your ability to sell your home. And you are right on target to find someone that knows your area well and can advise you with those decisions. Best of luck to you and please give me a call or email if you want the name and number of the AZ agent I worked with. I'm always happy to refer someone great..Have a good day!!
Shannon@DryCreekRE.com (email)
Lori
Your profile says that you are buying and selling.

You need to talk with a Realtor that can help you assess your entire transaction and move. Many sellers key in on finding the best listing agent with the focus on the sale of their current home, however they fail to take into account the second part of the move, the destination property.

If you are planning to move and buy, then you should also strategize the purchase. In most markets in the US there are more listings for sale than buyers. The link below shows 529 homes on the market, 246 homes recently sold, with 119 foreclosures. It sounds as if you might be in a buyer's market too.

So when you are planning your move, your goal is to save as much money as possible. That includes both the selling AND the buying portions. If it's a buyer's market you'll need to price your home aggressively to get the most activity, which will produce the most offers, which will produce the highest price. Once sold, when YOU become the buyer, you'll be able to negotiate the best deal, and in most cases save more money on the purchase than you might "lose" on the sale.

If you would like I'd be happy to arrange for you to meet with a top Realtor in your area that can assess your situation. The Realtor I will refer will be in the top ten percent of our office in your area.

Merry Christmas!
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
I have 3 agents I can refer you, all are great, and very responsive. I would love to help. Email me and I can send you all the names and a bios. I would like to help.
Email me Brad@WelcometoPrescott.com
Web Reference: http://bradbergamini.com
Hi Lori,

You should have a market analysis performed on your home to determine market value, average days on market, list-sale price ratio before deciding whether it is a good time for you to sell. These are performed at no cost to you and no obligation. If you would like me to refer an agressive agent with recent sales in the area, let me know. I can have an agent contact you asap to help assist you.

Lori.Rossi@nemoves.com
If your need to sell is not urgent (you're not experiencing economic troubles or need to relocate), your best option is to wait. Right now, the market is either at or near bottom. The market is currently in a huge state of flux with dramatic lack of confidence, both from lenders and from buyers. The market has also dropped significantly in the Vail area. Unless you MUST sell, you're best bet is to wait a few years until the market stabilizes. I have worked (and currently work) extensively in Vail and the surrounding area and can offer you some market analyses that will give you an area of current market conditions for your area. That information may help in the decision of whether or not now is a good time to sell your home.