Is this a good time to sell a single family home in zip code 95014 (Seven Springs)?

Asked by Sree, San Jose, CA Tue May 28, 2013

Answers

18
John Howell, Home Seller, Cupertino, CA
Fri Aug 2, 2013
If you talk to any real estate agent, if you are selling, it is a good time to sell. If you are buying, it is a good time to buy.
With prices jumping as they are in Cupertino with Apple coming in you would be well advised to sit tight.
95014 is turning into Palo Alto.
Sit.
I would agree. Realtors are programmed to tell you to sell or to buy at any time as they are desperate for sales as that is how they make their commissions. It doesn't do a realtor any good to tell someone to wait. With the thousands of realtors are groveling for a sale you ought to ask someone else who has an unbiased opinion about when to sell or buy.
Flag Sun Aug 4, 2013
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Betty, agent in Sarasoga CA, help us out here
What data are you referencing regard price levels?
Are you observing a durable trendline that reveals decline, stability, pre-indicators, or price improvement?
-
What are the issues driving these worries?
Are they temporary?
economical?
will they be 'ever present' in the real esate marketplace?
-
What makes you believe agent compensation is at an all time high?
Are you aware some brokers will list a house for $250?
That all compensation is negotiable?
Some agents will actually list at NO CHARGE TO THE SELLER?
Apparently not. You are an agent, right?
-
Clouds on the horizon? Here in Florida, that's a seasonal thing. You may be referring to something else. Be more specific. What are these clouds you see?
Are they tempory?
Are they permanate?
Do you have any actual data, facts or did you collect these clouds from the internet opinion mill?
-
So tell me Betty, what are the other RELIABLE>ACCURATE>CREDIBLE sources you suggest Sree consult?
Zillow?
Uncle Bill?
Those reality shows on TV?
-
If I need to know about hens, the fox is not a bad resource.
If you need to know the real data regarding real estate, entertaiment sites are for entertainment, while professional real estate sites are about real estate. Those professionals who help buy and sell dozens and dozens of homes every year are more likely to be able to seperate fact from fiction.
-
As an agent in Saratoga, CA, you have access to real data, but provided NONE!
Now, please support your claims.
John Howell, Home Seller, Cupertino, CA
Thu Sep 19, 2013
Well, here we go again. These responses almost always lead to self-promotion and a link to "can I help you."
If you must sell, do so. But don't pay them anywhere near their 6% "customary " commission. Bargain.
If you don't have to sell, sit. Very few assets have appreciated as much as 95014 real estate.
Mistrust interested advice.
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Thu Sep 19, 2013
Hi Betty,

One reason some Agents say it's always a good time to sell/buy is because it’s best to act on current market information as opposed to an "educated guess" of the future. Nobody wants to leave money on the table; however, a future net income target is not guaranteed.

In fact, I believe when the “good time to sell/buy” question comes up the only correct answer is “Possibly, but let’s talk about your plans”. Nobody on this post knows what your future plans are; hence, you might consider asking yourself how much confidence should be allocated towards subscribing to the “Cupertino/Apple Effect” and whether you should take advantage of this now or wait given the relative importance of your individual plans.

As you make your decision keep in mind while the Fed will continue purchasing agency MBS (mortgage loans) at a pace of $40 billion per month and longer-term Treasury securities at a pace of $45 billion a month, we just do not know when they will pull-back the reins of their intervention. For now, this intervention works in your best interests by suppressing mortgage rates for your future buyer, and of course, if you plan to finance a destination / replacement property. Keep in mind that once the FED starts their tapering Mortgage Rates will increase for Buyers and the Sellers looking to relocate.

-Steve
Michelle Car…, Agent, Coppertino, AL
Fri Aug 30, 2013
Steve, if you want an honest opinion of value and analysis of whether it's a good time for you to sell your home, Just Call 408-252-8900.

I'm one of only a few real estate agents who've actually talked my clients OUT of selling a home when I didn't believe it truly benefited them.

The easy answer to "Is this a good time to sell a single family home in zip code 95014 (Seven Springs)?" is "it's a great time to sell".

But the real question behind your question is "Is this a good time FOR ME to sell a single family home in zip code 95014 (Seven Springs)?" A free consultation with me can help you discover the real answer for you and your situation. No pressure, just real information.
Robert Lei, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Wed Aug 28, 2013
Betty, you too should not assume all realtors are the same. I've told many people that they do NOT need to sell or they do NOT need to buy.

In fact, I agree with John's advice. If you do not need to sell, then hang on to your Cupertino property because 10 years from now it will be much higher value than today, especially the part of Santa Clara near Lawrence and Pruneridge where the new space age Apple campus is going to be built. That are should skyrocket, so don't sell yet. Hold on to it.
Sorry for the typo. I meant *area* not are"
Flag Wed Aug 28, 2013
Robert Lei, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Wed Aug 28, 2013
John, you shouldn't generalize and lump all real estate agents together. If you read what my past clients wrote about me, you can see one common theme in all of their reviews was that I helped them out and was NOT pushy. In fact, some of them said that was the MAIN reason they chose me over other realtors.
Dan, Home Buyer, Cupertino, CA
Sun Aug 4, 2013
Yeah, I would agree with John. For any realtor it's always a good time to sell or buy because they don't make anything without a sale. Be better to talk to someone who has a more objective viewpoint. Agree that waiting may be the best thing.
Betty, Agent, Saratoga, CA
Tue Jul 16, 2013
No, it is not a good time to sell. I would wait. The prices are at a low level now. People are worried.
Realtor commissions are at an all time high. We see clouds on the horizon. It would be better to hold on to your property and refer to other sources for advice. Would the hen ask the fox if it's okay to enter the henhouse? No.
Nila Patel, Agent, Sunnyvale, CA
Sun Jul 14, 2013
Hello Sree,

Yes, 95014 is always an area of choice for buyers looking for great schools, close proximity to shopping, airports, freeways etc. Though spring time is more popular buyers are looking at all times to buy in this area. So it all depends on what your goals are moving forward. If you are planning to buy to upsize your home, it may be a good time to sell as the interest rates has moved up recently and there is no certainty whether it will stay at current rate.

If you need to discuss your options further you can reach me at 408 636 3806.
Nina Daruwal…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Wed May 29, 2013
PS: Just SOLD one in 95014, with 6 great Offers, OVER List Price at $1.8 Million! If you are serious, pls call me to talk things thru! In the top 20% in my company! Your Success is linked to My success!
All the Best!
Nina Daruwal…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Wed May 29, 2013
Hi Sree,

Yes this is a great time to Sell. Just depends on what your plans are for your family to move into....
If you would like to discuss all options, please do contact me, we can go into details.
Be well and Safe,
Nina Daruwalla
DRE# 01712223
Realtor - Coldwell Banker - Cupertino
A Public Safety Commissioner with the City of Cupertino
Web Reference:  http://www.ninadaruwalla.com
Juliana Lee…, Agent, Palo Alto, CA
Tue May 28, 2013
Although the number of homes sold varies by season, prices do not. Take a look at http://julianalee.com/cupertino/cupertino-statistics.htm
or
http://julianalee.com/zip-code/95014-statistics.htm

The number of sales peaks in spring and early summer. The price peaks do not fall in any given quarter. There are more home buyers and more homes for sale this time of year. This is a good time of year to sell (don't have to deal with bad weather or children needing time to do homework etc)

Whether next year would be better is not easy to predict. I do not expect major changes although if the Feds change money policies, prices could change quickly and significantly. The most important part of deciding would be what are your plans? If interest rates or the economy goes through some major changes can you wait for things to settle down? Are you ready to move now or in the near future?

Give me a call and we can chat about your goals.

Juliana Lee
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty, the nations largest
Cell 650-857-1000

Over 20 years experience
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
.
Web Reference:  http://julianalee.com
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue May 28, 2013
Hi Sree,

The answer to your question is a resounding "YES". However; for planning purposes, do keep in mind the same “high demand/low supply” environment providing a timely offer is also what you will be facing when you become a Buyer looking for your replacement home. So be darn sure you are realistic with whatever timeline you have planned for your replacement property (or rental).

-Steve
Grace Hanamo…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Tue May 28, 2013
Hi Sree:

Two word response: "Heck yes!"

I have a buyer who is looking to purchase a home in this area, and it was not even as nice as the Gregory Group homes at Sevens Springs. Price was $1.2 million list (the home needed a lot of improvements), sale was $1.5 million plus with more than 10 offers on the home.

So, if you're ready to sell, then this is an exceptional time to list your home in this area. Talk with several agents including those of us who are "discount" brokers, and find a great person to sell your property. Right now, homes are selling so fast, that once you list, it can be sold in as little as 5-7 days.

Grace Morioka
Allison James Estates & Homes
1% list to Sellers, and 50% Commission Rebates to Buyers!
Nila Patel, Agent, Sunnyvale, CA
Tue May 28, 2013
Hello Sree,

This is one of best times to sell as we have very low inventory especially in Cupertino and also within Cupertino with great schools such as in your area. There are great number of buyers who are desperate to buy because of steady increase in prices and also interest rates still holding up around 4%.
Most homes are getting sold within a week with multiple offers.
Please feel free to reach me at 408 636 3806 to receive a free estimate of your home's value.

Nila
Homesnloansbynila@gmail.com
Realtor Ranj…, , Sunnyvale, CA
Tue May 28, 2013
Hi Sree
This is a great time to sell, particularly since the property is in a very sought-after area.

We are seeing a sellers' market as the inventory is still very low compared to the number of buyers in the Cupertino area and broader South Bay.

I will be very happy to help you arrive at a sales decision, by providing a thorough pricing analysis of the home and the neighborhood, and answer your questions, besides what to watch out for in the sales process.

Best regards

Ranjana
408.861.8026
ranjana.shreedhar@cbnorcal.com
Igor Reznikov, Agent, Campbell, CA
Tue May 28, 2013
Being a seller in this market means a super fast sale for a higher than expected price.

I'd be happy to show you how much you can expect to get for your home as well as some of the unique things I do to get you the best possible price with the least hassle/inconvenience.

Igor

408-605-5627
igor@rezrealty.com