Is there anything I can do about by neighbor's messy yard? I've missed written offers because of it.

Asked by Cindy Hoffman, Jefferson, WI Thu Feb 28, 2013

Answers

3
Guy Gimenez, Agent, Manchaca, TX
Thu Feb 28, 2013
If the neighbor isn't violating any HOA regulations or city ordinances, you may have to ask them if YOU can pay someone to clean up their yard.
Eric D Lenz, Agent, Greendale, WI
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Your community might have an ordinance to protect you, but a messy yard is pretty subjective. Call the building inspector to report it.
Cindy Gerard, Agent, Fort Atkinson, WI
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Hi Cindy, how well do you know your neighbors? Is it possible that they are elderly and not able to keep up with the proper care of their yard...you could approach them with a list of contractors who do yard maintenance and just explain your concerns. It might not be an easy solution but sometimes people get so busy with their own lives that they don't realize their neglectful behaviors are having an impact on the neighborhood. Another option is to offer to hire a few high school students or a church youth group to give them a hand or even have one of these groups approach the neighbor and offer to clean up the yard as a fundraising effort.