Is the Housing Market Actually Recovering?

Asked by The Pierre Team, Fresh Meadows, NY Wed Mar 21, 2012

Answers

3
Elizabeth Morgan’s answer
Elizabeth Mo…, Agent, McKinney Tx, TX
Sat Mar 31, 2012
Here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area prices in some neighborhoods are going up.
So iwhether or not the market is recovering, depends on what part of the country you are talking about.
We have a strong employment market, great schools & reasonable cost of living / home prices in Texas.
Dallas-Fort Worth is also has a diverse community with families from all over the globe making it home.
Guy Gimenez, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Not a chance...and it won't recover until loans are readily available. That of course won't happen until buyers, in large numbers, are able to obtain credit scores that will qualify them for a mortgage. And now that the robo-signing fiasco is over and the banks have paid their penalties to the government, I suspect we will see the backlog of foreclosures in the bank's inventory be allowed to hit the market. This should keep prices down or even depress them slightly more.
David Stewart, Agent, Slidell, LA
Wed Mar 21, 2012
I feel like here in New Orleans things have piced up some... Not sure if its recovery or just stable.