Is the Easter weekend a good weekend to hold and Open House? Will most buyers be busy with their family and skip the house hunt?

Asked by Janet McCarthy, San Diego, CA Fri Apr 6, 2012

Answers

10
Michael Smith…, , Roseville, CA
Wed Apr 11, 2012
I did one last weekend with one of my realtors and we had a great time. We used the Easter occasion to hide eggs in the house and give kids Easter baskets. We marketed the event and invited neighbors to come out.

For me open houses are ALWAYS a good idea unless you are one of those realtors who are "maxed out on success." I have only met a few of those realtors and of course I am always in awe. :)

Any time you can brand yourself in the community is always a good idea.
Yolanda Ojeda, Agent, Salem, OR
Fri Apr 6, 2012
The good news is that serious buyers will show up to your Open House on Holidays. Easter is a family holiday and most families with children will be so busy that they will likely not be able to squeeze time for the Open House. You may want to consider selecting another weekend when you can get more traffic to your Open House. Best of luck on the sell of your home!
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Fri Apr 6, 2012
To me open houses are a waste just about anytime let alone Easter weekend.
Frank Dolski, Agent, Lahaska, PA
Fri Apr 6, 2012
Hi Janet,
I would strongly suggest not doing an open house during the Easter weekend and Passover. Many people go away and in fact, the builder sites are typically all closed. next week would be a better weeK!
Michelle Mei…, , Marshfield, WI
Fri Apr 6, 2012
Last year I held a open house on Good Friday on one of my listings and wrote and offer that day with a customer that walked in. The house went to close. It was a very Good Friday!
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Fri Apr 6, 2012
I think it's safe to say most people will be doing things with their fam,ily. you may get a visitor or two but i find in my area many people go away for the entire weekend.

Chris
Steve Quinta…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Fri Apr 6, 2012
Off-beat times where people are traveling to an area they might like to live appeal to me.
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Fri Apr 6, 2012
Hello Janet,
You will probably get more traffic if you host the open house another weekend. Many potential buyers may be out of town or busy with family this holiday weekend.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Apr 6, 2012
I've never had much success with open houses on holiday weekends. If anything, I would do a Saturday open house, but not a Sunday.
Bobby Martins, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Apr 6, 2012
Hello Janet,

I would NOT do an open house this day. Too many people are focused on family related events. You deserve the time with the ones you love too.

Have a great weekend!

Bobby Martins