Is my Agent giving me enough attention? Thank You everyone for the advice. I think my agent is a little

Asked by Shakira, Philadelphia, PA Fri Dec 28, 2007

laxadasical about my property. She has the property on the Remax website, and its in the new homes guide. I would like to see it in the local papers and on more web sites. Should she be more aggresive, since I put a offer on another property for late March? She says the holidays is why the appointments are slow, buthow should I gauge if my property is getting enough showings and what are some more aggresive listing tactics? Real Estate Pros in Philly,...are people looking in this Godfrey Ave/ Upper olney neighborhood for homes??? Thanks

Answers

7
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Fri Dec 28, 2007
I shall hope that you will hear from local RE Pros in your Godfrey Avenue location. I can't speak directly for your area, and maybe someone near that local will chime in.

ReMax agents are responsible for marketing expenses for the properties they represent. In other brokerage firms, the company may pay for all or at least most of the advertising and marketing costs. With ReMax, the agents keep the lion's share of the commisison and are responsible for paying for advertising and expenses.

Unless you have specific data to support that buyers in your area are favoring print ads, I would not place a high priority on newspapers. If your agent advises that print is ineffective for your area, the efforts on behalf of your property may be more productive on the web.

Ask your agent to provide you a list of the websites where your lsiting appears. Ask your agent for a report for of inquiries made, showings scheduled and feedback from the showings. Other than the holdiays, in the opinion of your Realtor, what other factors contribute to fewer showings or lower activity levels than expected? Ask your Realtor to put her plan for Jan, Feb and March in writing so you have a clear understanding of what to expect.

I don't now where your listing appears online, or what your agent has done on the front of marketing. I am hopeful that the suggestions made herein allow you to have a meaningful conversation with your Realtor.

Maybe some local RE Pros can chime in and add commentary about your specific area.

Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Fri Dec 28, 2007
There is nothing wrong with telling your agent you believe she is being lackadaisical. If, for some reason, one of my sellers thought I was not providing enough attention to his/her property, I would very much want that seller to share those concerns with me. We do our best to maintain documentation on property activity, and that info is available for our sellers. We, as a company, support all of our lsitings for all of our agents. This includes aggressive online representation on mulitple webites. I would want to know if a seller thought we weren't marketing their property, and I would want the oppty to show what was bieng done. If your agent is not doing quite enough, you are certainly within your rights to call this matter to light. I don't want to make any incorrect assumptions and assert that she is or is not doing enough. Communication will help you determine your listing is being given proper attention; or not.
Diane Menard, Agent, Marietta, GA
Fri Dec 28, 2007
Shakira,

First off let me start by saying that print ads are probably not going to bring your buyer. Buyers today are spending their time on the internet. Studies show that 85 % of buyers are going to start their search online. I still use some print ads, and it usually to keep my sellers happy, but my phone never rings from those print ads.

We have really been driven more towards the internet and for myself, I put alot of effort in making sure my listings are being seen in as many places online as I can. I would rather see my dollars being spent in places I know they will get feedback from

Now with your agent being a remax agent, your listing is automatically getting put out to many, many websites all on their own with a process called syndication. You may want to ask her if she would list it on Trulia, Zillow, Point2agent, and craigslist to name a few if she has not done so already.

Things should start to pick up soon, so try to hang in there. Only you can tell if your agent is doing enough. Every agent has different views. Maybe ask for a report on what she has done. I provide my sellers with a detailed written report with everything I have done so they know I have been working hard and not sitting around.

Good Luck With The Sale Of Your Home!

As far as it being slow every area is going to be very different, but I can say that here in Atlanta the last 6 weeks or so have been extremely slower than normal. I would also have to ask about your price range, because the higher price homes sometimes do not get as many showings as a lower to mid-range home. So there are other influences that may effect your showings.
Anthony Licc…, , Staten Island, NY
Fri Dec 28, 2007
I believe Diane said it right, newspaper ads are not a driving force for buyers. The internet is clearly a significant advantage. It is so important that before you list with any agent, the process of marketing your home is clearly laid out in writing.
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Sat Dec 29, 2007
Shakira
It seems that there is a lack of communication between you and your Realtor.
In 90% of the cases, a buyer that buys your home sees it with a Realtor. So at least three people need to be convinced that the price is right:
1. The buyer's Realtor
2. The buyer
3. The buyer's lender

So no showings means the price is too high, as do showings, but no offers. Your Realtor has a broker and in most cases the broker is more experienced. You might ask to sit down with your Realtor's broker to evaluate your situation and see if they can make suggestions.

Happy New Year!
Keith
Christopher…, Agent, Spring City, PA
Tue Mar 25, 2008
I have several answers for you to sell you home quickly and get more showings:
1. Lower the price
2. Reduce the price
3. Downwardly adjust the price

There, I think that answers it. No amount of open houses will get people to come UP to your price.
Debt Free Da…, , 85260
Sat Dec 29, 2007
MLS sells homes.... were agreements for other services made?
Web Reference:  http://getprequalified.com