Is it possible to sell a house on SE 3rd ave. and get my $200grand and GET OUT

Asked by Prissy, Cape Coral, FL Fri Apr 15, 2011

I was scammed BY J Nolen. This is a renters block. I am underwater. I NEED TO SELL

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Susan Callahan’s answer
Susan Callah…, Agent, Fort Myers Beach, FL
Sat Apr 16, 2011
Hi highly doubt you were scammed by anyone, 50% of America is underwater.
YOU choose the property!
YOU signed the mortgage papers!
You did this same as everyone else thinking you were going to make money!
Well the market tanked and we all got left holding the bag.
But on the bright side the market has stabilized and showing signs of prices inching up, So if you can hold out a little longer you may be able to recover. Talk with your lender see if you can make arrangements,
But to libel someone on a public forum may only add to your problems.
You may want to consider editing your post and removing that persons name
3 votes
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Sun Apr 17, 2011
Prissy be careful of anyone that has answered yes. By the wording of your question it appears that you put 200,000.00 down and now owe more than the home is worth. You also want to sell and get your 200,000.00 back. There is no way on a short sale that a lender is going to let you walk away with 200,000.00.
1 vote
Monika Wilson, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Apr 16, 2011
Prices in Cape Coral are coming up - if .you could provide some more details about the house (waterfront?, SF?, year build?, Pool? ...) We could give you a better opinion.
1 vote
Barbara Klare, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sat Oct 20, 2012
Dear Prissy
I can’t tell you what your expected sale price is without seeing you home or at least knowing your address. If you want a sale analysis you can call or e-mail me confidentially.

If you’re “underwater” have you considered a short sale? View the link to my website

Barbara Klare, Broker Associate
Gulf Coast Realty
cell: 239-292-1358
0 votes
Ken Beyea, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Hi Prissy,

As Monica said below, many variables are still needed before a price can be given.. Best bet is to talk to a couple of Realtors directly to discuss your current situation and then you will have an accurate direction to take.
0 votes
Donal Dowling, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Apr 18, 2011
The question is a little loaded !
By all means ,you can resolve the situation but there are consequences ,some of which may be un-pallatable and some may be an aswer to depends on what you want to achieve .
My best advice is to contact a licensed local Realtor who can prove to that they have a lot of experience in dealing with lenders and short sales
Ask a friend or neighbor who has a good experience with a realtor in similar circumstances.
Take action !!!!!!
0 votes
Mark Washburn, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Apr 17, 2011
If you were truly scammed, you should seek legal guidance rather than making accusations on Trulia. If rather you purchased a home that has dropped significantly in value, you should seek assistance in evaluating the feasibility of a short sale.

Good luck with your situation!
0 votes
Sandra Kay W…, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sat Apr 16, 2011
Yes, it is. Give me call to discuss your options.
Sandra Kay Watkins, P.A.
Re/Max Realty Group
30 Years experience

0 votes
Marc Comisar, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Sat Apr 16, 2011
Prissy........not sure of your situation but how were you scammed?
0 votes
LLoyd Nichols, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sat Apr 16, 2011
Hi Prissy,
I will need the full address on SE 3rd ave to answer. Call me on my cell at 239-810-2980.

LLoyd Nichols
Sandals Realty of SWFL
cell: 239-810-2980
office: 239-463-5217
0 votes
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Apr 16, 2011
If you can provide me with the address I can provide you with a free cma and discuss your options with you. Terry McCarley, Realtor, CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
0 votes
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Sat Apr 16, 2011
Prissy if you are indeed underwater on your mortgage there is no way you are going to walk away with 200,000.00 from the sale of your home. The first thing that you should do is talk with a Realtor® in your area and get a good idea of the value of your property. Then you can determine if you are truely underwater. The options will vary depending on how much you owe and the current value of your property.
0 votes
Bruce R Cowan, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Apr 16, 2011
Depends on many factors - what the home is - where it is located, etc? It seems high but without knowing details about the property or doing CMA's to see what history tells us in your area, no one person can give you a straight yes or no answer.
0 votes
Usa Home Buy…, , California
Sat Apr 16, 2011
If you're in a home that you'd like to sell quickly, for any reason, you should contact our company. USA Home Buyer is the nation's leading home buyer. We buy houses in any condition, location or situation. We specialize in homes that are upside down or underwater. You can find our website by clicking the attached link, or simply Google USA Home Buyer. Best wishes,

John Tebbetts
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Popular Cape Coral Neighborhoods

Email me when…

Learn more