imyourcaveman, Home Buyer in Tooele, UT

Is it possible to get a free estimate on value of home from realtor before paying a fee and hiring them?

Asked by imyourcaveman, Tooele, UT Tue Jul 31, 2012

I am on disability and considering selling home to avoid bankruptcy. I have many medical bills and debts left in divorce. I am 43 with kids and don't want to need a co-signer for car or home in future with bankruptcy.

Answers

3
Yes, it is called a CMA - comparative market analysis. You can contact 2-3-4 agents in different offices and have each give you a CMA where they discuss their opinion of the value of your home and how they will market and sell it. It's free, in fact unless they sell it there is no cost what so ever.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 31, 2012
Tim, Thank you for the information it was very helpful. Answered everything I needed to know.
Flag Wed Aug 1, 2012
Absolutely! If a real estate professional is asking for an upfront fee find a new agent. We would be happy to provide a free market analysis on your home. The only type of analysis that requires a fee is if you choose to do a full appraisal on your home from a professional/licensed appraiser.
Tim has given you some good advice here. If an agent is asking you to pay upfront, call a different agent.