Is it possible to find real estate investors in New jersey? Is there such a thing?

Asked by Patdutchess, 12590 Mon Aug 16, 2010

My father built a beautiful house in Mountainside, NJ in 2007 for about $1.6 million. Of course, by the time it was built the market dried up. He came close to selling it for $1.3 million twice, but it didn't work out. The last deal fell apart mainly due to a miscommunication with our realtor. My father is frustrated and we'd like to move on to other things.

We threw around a few ideas and I thought perhaps we could find an investor to come in on the property. Do such people exist? If so, how would we find one?

Answers

6
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Wed Aug 25, 2010
There are many investors out there right now, but as any investor the property would have to be a bargain. Once you start looking for an investor groups, individual investors and so on.. Your price point will probably be below what you may think you want for the house.

What you need is a Realtor that lists, sells and understands luxury properties and the luxury market. This price point is a different conversation then a $500,000 home. The key is to know how to / be in contact buyers of these type homes. I have sold numerous luxury properties when others could not, and this has been a specialty of mine for a number of years.

The luxury market is one that took a good hit in NJ overall, so you are not in a minority. But again, you need to be in contact with a Realtor that knows this particular Market.

Call or Email and we can discuss your property in depth.
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Mon Aug 16, 2010

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
Orange Key Premier Properties

Office: 732-863-6969
Cell:732-213-1409
JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
Debbie Clark,…, Agent, Summit, NJ
Mon Jun 30, 2014
I am finding there are quite a few investors entrenched in the market here, re-doing a home and then flipping it for asking or above if the house was updated correctly. I sold a house in Springfield where a small group of investors bought it, re-did it from inside out, and I negotiated the sale for my buyers in a multiple offer situation. I am finding this also big in Montclair and Maplewood.

For the investors, the key is that the numbers have to be right and the timeline for making the necessary improvements has to be tight.
David Dorfman, Agent, Neptune, NJ
Mon Aug 16, 2010
An investor is easy to find.

It all depends on what you are offering.

Are you looking at it to buy and rent? Then you need to get an idea of what the home will rent for,

Or maybe you are looking for someone to get you out - and leave thjem to dispose of it. What in it for them?

Maybe you want someone to give you some cash out - "til the market turns..."

You have to have something to offer - in return for an investment.

Put together a short presentation on the "investment" and how the investor will benefit - today or tomorrow or at some point.

There's plenty of money around. People want to use it wisely vs all other investments.
Web Reference:  http://www.rentlaw.com
Jeanne Irwin, , New Jersey
Mon Aug 16, 2010
There is another one http://www.mreia.com. I also know investors and can put you in touch. Email me at jeanne101@Kw.com.

Jeanne
Ian A. Wolf, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Mon Aug 16, 2010
Your two best sources to find them would be the Investor clubs. There are two big ones in NJ that I am aware of: http://www.gsreia.com, http://www.msreia.com should point you in the right direction. Based on the price point of the home, if you emailed me some particulars I could put it to my personal investor/builder/developer list and see if anyone is interested. Just let me know. Having been a real estate investor myself for many years I do know many other investors.