Is it much better 4 seller with cost after living in it after 2ys. $

Asked by jbones166, Fort Collins, CO Tue Aug 21, 2012

Answers

4
Pamela A Fancy’s answer
Pamela A Fan…, , Fort Collins, CO
Tue Aug 21, 2012
Jbones 166.
In answering your question, yes, there is a huge advantage to a seller after 2 years if the property is owner occupied. You will get a tax free capital gain. That means your profit will be tax free. This is only the case if it has been owner occupied. Call me if you have other questions, I have been in the business since 1978. Pam Fancy 970-581-5042
Prestigio Re…, Agent, Timnath, CO
Tue Aug 21, 2012
I believe the party is asking if their net return would be "better" if they were to hold said property for over two years prior to sale. In this case yes it is. You are allowed to keep all your proceeds on your personal residence so long as you have lived in the property for over two years. If you were to sale quickly then you might be on the hook to pay a portion of that sale as a short term investment. Hope this helps.

-Luke Angerhofer (MAD about Real Estate)
http://www.HouseOfAnger.com
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Tue Aug 21, 2012
I agree with Tim. I think you need to speak in full sentences. Is what better?
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Tue Aug 21, 2012
Your code talk is confusing. What exactly are you asking? Is what better? Living in what?