Is it better to sell my home now? or wait again and see what happens next year?

Asked by Norman S Hamilton Jr, Glastonbury, CT Sun Mar 20, 2011

Answers

10
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Fri Apr 12, 2013
This question was asked over 2 years ago, so I doubt anyone is going to call you!

Look under the question, and you will see the date in a lite gray font.
Michelle Aube, Agent, Osterville, MA
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Recent activity in East Longmeadow shows that there are more buyers than there are properties for sale. The Spring market is heating up and it's a great idea to get in on the trend. Give me a call at 413-364-7131 if you have any questions or concerns that I can assist you with.
HI! Since you're new to trulia, and might not know - look under the question - it shows the date the question was asked - it's in a lite gray font
Flag Fri Apr 12, 2013
Lesly Reiter, Agent, Longmeadow, MA
Thu Mar 28, 2013
I would say to list now. The market appears to be getting steamy! Buyers are out looking, lenders have money to lend. there seems to be less inventory on the market, which will make you house more appealing to the buyers. Supply and demand!
this question was asked almost 2 years ago!
Flag Thu Mar 28, 2013
Steven Al-Hu…, Agent, Springfield, MA
Sun Dec 2, 2012
Hi Norman,

I posted this blog on my profile last week, and I think this will help you with your question.

Hello Everyone.

Over the last week or two I have been talking to sellers who have not sold their homes with other Realtors during the Spring/Summer/Fall. They all said they are going to wait until the Spring to put there houses back on the market.

As a Realtor this doesn't make any sense to me. If everyone takes their house off the market, than you will have no competition for 2-3 months. All the buyers looking to buy in the Winter will have a limited pick of houses and you will sell your house. With less inventory on the market this could lead to potenial bidding wars for your house if it is marketed, staged, and priced correctly.

Leave a comment, and let me know what you would do if you're a seller.

I work every part of Ma. and if you would like to set up your free consultation give me a call, and my team and I will love to help you. (413) 297-1570

Real Estate Steven
Ellen Pollock, Agent, Longmeadow, MA
Sun Dec 2, 2012
I think around here, (western MA) prices are just about bottomed out, even seeing an increase. The projection is a very slow increase in home values over the next few years or decade.

Because interest rates are so phenomenally low right now, it is a good time to put property on the market - lots of buyer interest. And if you are selling to purchase a more upscale home, it is the perfect time to do it. You will be saving on your purchase both with price and interest rate!

But to take my answer one step further, because of the projected slow increase in home values, probably not much will be gained in waiting. Again these are all projections and what will happen with home prices remains to be seen.

Ultimately it is your goals and current life circumstances that will determine what you need to do.
Tracy Gagne, Agent, Northampton, MA
Fri Oct 5, 2012
With interest rates at an all time low the buyers are out there right now!! Once those rates start trending upwards the buyers are going to pull back and wait to see if they are going to trend downward again, this will create a surplus of homes for sale and will drive prices downward. I would list and sell now there is no telling what the next couple of years will bring. Hope this was helpful.
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Mon Mar 21, 2011
The world is going to end in Dec 2012 so why wait?

:)
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Mon Mar 21, 2011
You will be asking the same question next year.
If it is better next year, your next purchase will be higher too.
So six of one....
Web Reference:  http://www.321property.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Mar 20, 2011
Confused are you an agent? Then why would you post this question?
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Mar 20, 2011
Just curious why you are posting questions as though YOU need the answers? I doubt you are selling "your" home.

At least phrase them as though a consumer is asking. Makes more sense that way. Personally, I don;'t understand agents asking questions when they already know the answer.
If you want to make a point, you can always write a blog.