Is it better to put our 4 yr old home on the market w/o replacing the driveway and repainting the house &?

Asked by Terri Gibbins, Olathe, KS Tue Apr 22, 2008

offering a $10,000 cash back at closing, or do the repairs & try to sell in a slow market. As it is we are not gaining on our house & we are hoping to retire in 2 or 3 years. Thank you.

Answers

3
Michelle Jus…, , Hartland, MI
Tue Apr 22, 2008
You may want to check with the company who built your home to see what kind of warranty is offered on the driveway. National builders usually offer a 10 year home warranty so you might be able to have your driveway repaired by them. As for the interior paint.......you only have 1 chance to make a first impression so I recommend a fresh neutral paint color such as Stoney Creek (Pittsburgh Paint) and don't forget the trim in a bright white. Good luck!
Pam Chalmers, , 38125
Tue Apr 22, 2008
I would suggest getting an estimate on the repair of the driveway as well as the painting of the house. If you can save on the repairs I would suggest making the necessary repairs rather than offering the $10,000.00
Marlin, , Helena, AL
Tue Apr 22, 2008
Only if the driveway and the paint on the house is keeping buyers from viewing your home. Sounds like the driveway is a problem...probably need to correct it now. I would not do too much to the home, as you may not get the money back on the sell. the key is to neutralize as much as possible with out over doing it in cost. check on my website for tips for sellers... http://.www.marlinandteacha.com