Is it a good time to sell in North Carolina?

Asked by Bridget, Mill Spring, NC Thu Apr 16, 2009

Considering selling my Mom's home that was left to my sister and I when she passed away. I am currently renting it out to cover the mortgage, but would really love to sell it and get it off my hands.

Answers

2
Charles Mart…, Agent, Asheville, NC
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Hello Bridget. Things have been changing in our market (WNC) for some time lately. Since the first of the year, properties that were priced competitively (NOT to interpreted as cheap) have been quick to sell and inventories have begun being tight. If you own property that you wish to sell, NOW is a great time to sell. Interest rates are still near record lows and buyers are not quite in the driver's seat like they once were. In the past quarter we have been fortunate to have several multiple offers and back-up contracts.
Annemarie Ru…, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Now is the perfect time to sell your Mom's home. Interest are low, everything is greening up and a perfect time to plant summer annuals. To get the home show case ready I would go through your home and make sure that it is up to date with new and neutral colors, new fixtures, update the kitchen and bath rooms if affordable and in your budget, make sure the home is staged and price at today's prices with many pictures online for advertising and you will sell your Mom's home.
Web Reference:  http://www.jennypruitt.com