Is it a good time to sell a Duplex now? need to sell 1 soon

Asked by Tuan Nguyen, Holland, MI Thu Mar 14, 2013

Answers

7
Ryan K Kruit…, Agent, Holland, MI
Mon Mar 23, 2015
Now is a great time. Please contact us. Ryan K 616-325-0749
David Arnold…, Agent, Holland, MI
Thu Sep 19, 2013
Tuan,

Did you sell your duplex yet? I have a buyer looking for one. Let me know if you are still looking to sell.
David Arnold…, Agent, Holland, MI
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Tuan,

Investment property is making a comeback as rents rise and money remains cheap to borrow. Of the 3 multi-family units I have sold over the past 12 months, one of them had appraisal issues. The sales price was not supported by comparable sales because so little had sold. We are hopefully past most of that, but depending what you need out of your duplex and its location, it could still be something to consider. Your best bet is to have a Realtor establish market value for your property, and see if it falls in line with your expectations to sell.
Melinda J. R…, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Thu Mar 14, 2013
The market is completely different from even 3 months ago! It is moving! I am more than happy to show you market information so we can get an idea of what your duplex is worth in this market! You can contact me through my website: http://www.GoMelinda.com

I hope this information helps! Best Wishes!
Web Reference:  http://www.GoMelinda.com
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu Mar 14, 2013
It sounds to me that you do need to sell one and are just wondering if this is a good time. You know
when you NEED to sell, then that is the right time. If you are wondering about the market, it will not
give you so much more money waiting another year or two, it sounds you need to sell. so connect
with an experienced area Realtor, get a good honest market evaluation of the value of your duplex, i.e. one half of the duplex, I am assuming you are living in the other....

Have a Realtor honestly tell you what it will actually be able to sell for, based on size, condition, upgrades, or anything you are willing to do before putting the property on the market, sometimes a little bit of paint and curb appeal improvements can make a difference.... Then see if the potential sale price and the actually net to seller will work for you. Here we do not know how much you still owe to the bank so you need to put all the numbers out and discuss in honesty your reasons for wanting to sell and the sale price and all expenses involved, I am also assuming that at this time this half of the duplex is rented, correct?

If you need recommendations for a good Realtor in your area let me know --- gladly would send a good recommendation your way.
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Deb Meurer, Agent, Holland, MI
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Good Morning Tuan.
It's absolutely a good time to sell that duplex. It's amazing that our market has finally taken an upswing and prices for sellers are rising...slowly for sure..but rising. With interest rates so low,
a buyer has more buying power to achieve their goal of property ownership so they are ready
and eager to purchase.
Inventory is LOW, there's not much to choose from so it's rather competitive "out there" right now...which is good for you, the seller.
Call/email or text me anytime if you would like to discuss your unique situation in further detail.
I'm happy to assist you in giving you the information you need to make an educated decision!!
Enjoy the sun!!
Deb Meurer, Realtor, ABR debber917@yahoo.com
616 218 0800
Five Star - Lakeshore
76 S. River Ave Holland, MI 49423
Sarah Lilly, Agent, Holland, MI
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Hi Tuan - The housing inventory in Holland is very low right now. In addition to that, the rental market is very good. Now would be a great time to sell a duplex because their are a lot of investors looking for homes to purchase and use as rentals. If you would like more information about selling your duplex you can call me (616) 422-5442 or email me: sarah@sarahlilly.com. I look forward to assisting you! ~ Sarah Lilly Realtor in Holland Mi
Web Reference:  http://Www.sarahlilly.com