Is is unrealistic to expect a call from my realtor with feedback after my house is shown?

Asked by Hopeful, McAlester, OK Thu May 14, 2009

My last experience is selling my home was in another city but after every showing, my realtor would call me and let me know what the response was, either negative or positive. Was that out of the norm or am I expecting too much. The only time I speak with my realtor is to tell me the house is going to be shown and she seems always in a hurry but then I never hear back from her as to what the people viewing thought.

Answers

7
Jennifer Bla…, Agent, Owasso, OK
Tue Sep 21, 2010
In my opinion, the very least a REALTOR can do is give feedback after viewing a home. Yes, we all get busy and have a million things to do. However, if the professionals in this industry don't have a few moments to give a little bit of feed back after a homeowner graciously opens his door to a complete stranger than perhaps they should find a new profession.

You definitely don't expect too much! However, the problem may lie with the other Realtors not giving your Realtor any feedback. After another Realtor shows my listings, I send them a feedback form via email. I send them a feedback email up to 4 times until they respond. If still no response, I call. Most people will give me feedback if I can actually get them to answer the phone, however, most don't answer the phone.

Your Realtor may not have the feedback immediately following a showing, but if you still want a call afterwards you need to tell your Realtor. Tell your Realtor what you expect.... she will be more likely to deliver the results you want.

Jennifer Henning, REALTOR
(405) 625-1576
Jenn@JenniferSellsOklahoma.com
Voices Member, , Benton County, OR
Thu May 14, 2009
Hopeful, Hope you don't mind a non-pro view. I think Chris makes an very important point.
" Feedback is important and you need to have it. "

You hired the services of an agent as an individual expecting a level of service that would take advantage of every tool to attain your goals. Being in the know/current about what potential buyers think of your home IMO is a tool for you to use and important in a market that changes the way this one does. If your agent has too many clients to provide this service to you then I would feel they failed to inform you that you were not going to receive their full attention in exchange for the commission.

In other words I think there are enough Professionals out there that will keep you on top of everything, that not having one makes no sense. Just an opinion.

Dunes
Chris Mabry…, , Tucson, AZ
Thu May 14, 2009
Hello there Hopeful,
There are some great answers below. It's true that sometimes it will take several days for the feedback to roll in. Buyer's agents are busy showing many homes, and yes, it can be difficult to solicit feedback in a timely manner. The fact is, providing feedback is a professional courtesy, and the door swings both ways. I'm always willing to provide feedback when I show a home with hopes that my requests will be answered by that agent when I call them. One more thing to keep in mind, if you simply are not recieving any feedback from your listing agent, make sure that you let them know it is very important to you. It amazes me when I show 20 homes in a weekend and only recieve a few calls for feedback the next week. Many agents don't even take the time to look for feedback at all. I have a feeling this may be the problem in your case. I feel like these agents are doing a huge disservice to their sellers. Feedback is important and you need to have it.
Suzanne Walk…, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Thu May 14, 2009
I think the previous answers have offered great insight and I've had similar experiences. Here is another point of view: I always communicate within 24 hours of a showing with a seller even if there is no feedback. As soon as feedback is received it is either emailed or phoned into the seller. When enough attempts have been made to reach the buyer agent and we still have no feedback, I notify the seller of that too.

Susan Walker
Web Reference:  http://www.youropenhouse.us
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Thu May 14, 2009
I also know that getting the feedback from the agent takes work, and efforts can remain unfruitful. However, if that was the problem and you were my client, you'd know that. I may or may not call the seller after every showing, but at a minimum there is a weekly email with feedback - it just depends on the activity level, how easy/hard it is to get the feedback and most importantly the seller's communication preferences. I know that clients get antsy when they have no information; so I work to avoid that.

I would certainly ask your agent to provide the information; then see if it gets corrected.
Treu Group, Agent, Delray Beach, FL
Thu May 14, 2009
That is such a great question. I understand your frustration. Our team calls the showing agent 3+ times, emails the agents and we only get feedback 1/3 of the time even with that persistance. I think the change is that showing agents are showing many more homes (often 10-20) and it is almost impossible for them to give feedback compared to the days when they showed 3-5 homes. We usually hear when there is really good news or bad feedback. Good luck on the sale of your home.
Ginny Herman, Agent, Blue Ridge, GA
Thu May 14, 2009
It is nice to hear some feedback from your showings, but keep in mind if it is another agent showing your home, your realtor needs to HEAR back from that agent in order to give you the feedback, sadly I rarely will get a call back or answer my email about feedback.