Is Supra the only one company selling Electronic lockbox sistem to realtors?

Asked by samuel rodriguez, Brandon, FL Tue Jun 18, 2013

Answers

17
Meir Aloni, Agent, Plantation, FL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
I believe that NAR got into a partnership/part ownership with another supplier....However, if not all area agents use it, it will do you no good:(
thank you
Flag Fri Jun 28, 2013
Best thing will be to call NAR/membership Department?
Flag Tue Jun 18, 2013
Hey Meir, please if you find something about this new company, let me know. I have a bad experience with supra and don't want to get service from them again.
Flag Tue Jun 18, 2013
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Hi Sams,

I know the Miami MLS sold them to their members at a discount, so most Realtors around here have at least two of them. They do simplify things, so it would take something truly groundbreaking (facial recognition?) in order to change the "standard" electronic lockbox in this area.

And yes, I do think that facial recognition will probably come to pass one day... because I'm sure there are some agents who pass their phones to their "assistants" in order to show homes.

Ann
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Supra is the standard in Central Florida. It would be nice if NAR worked out a better deal for all agents, since it is a costly system. Or introduce another cheaper alternative.
Furthermore, on a regular, manual dial, lock box, some agents call you to show the property,
http://www.rctopshop.com/esky-rc-helicopters
Flag Tue Feb 18, 2014
John Bourassa, Home Buyer, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Sam,

As Mark said, there are dozens of Key pad manufacturers but they are not protected and electronically controlled as Supra does. With Supra you can monitir and control who enters the place and how often agents have entered the place (with permission or not).

Furthermore, on a regular, manual dial, lock box, some agents call you to show the property, you give them the combo number and they send their customers visit the property on their own.

Be a professional and use Supra. It's a great investment.
marc jablon, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
You can get any system you want to, but if other realtors can't work with it, the savings on each lock box won't be worthwhile. We are all Supra subscribers and that appears to be the universal electronic lockbox for Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade Counties, at least for the moment.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
No, there are several companies.. (such as http://www.sentrilock.com/), but typically, local real estate boards have made deals with one company... and only allow one ELB system per region.

Our area used to use Supra, but the board cut a better deal with SentriLock, and now that's the only Electronic Lock Box system that we use.
That's a problem Alan. Went there's no competition the service is bad. Supra costumer service is horrible.
Flag Fri Jun 28, 2013
Andrea Hoff-…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
The Supra lockbox is a special security system for Real Estate Professional. The access key for such lockboxes are coded to key holder (the real estate professional) and the supra lockbox send a message to the lockbox owner (the listing agent who owns the supra lockbox) with the details of access key holder.
The Supra lockbox owner always knows who enters the listing house and can follow up.
The Supra lockbox are very safe and an excellent tool for real estate professionals.
Dennis Evans, Agent, Clifton Park, NY
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Sams,
It is the only Electronic lockbox system we use in this area and it is the only one listed on the Forms from the MLS..... So, I don't know of any other electronic.... But you also have the option to go to home depot or lowes, etc to get a combo or key lock for a fraction of the cost.
Thank Dennis,
Yes I know, but there's a lot of realtors using the supra sistem and I need the access.
Flag Tue Jun 18, 2013
mikearion, Home Owner, Mohave Valley, AZ
Wed Jan 8, 2014
There are other options like Fetchlock real estate box system, which actually just uses contractor combo boxes but requires the agent to request the combo via their smart phone. They claim it sends out emails to both agents, records the request, asks for feedback etc etc.
Tonya Jones, Agent, Powder Springs, GA
Wed Dec 25, 2013
Yes, here in Georgia the MLS systems use SUPRA... we can also buy what's call a combo box for contractors to gain access to the property.
Susan J Penn,…, Agent, Weston, FL
Wed Dec 25, 2013
Hi Sam,

Yes, supra is the electronic lockbox system used by realtors in Florida. You should have this system in Tampa.
Maria Sabio, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Hi Sam,

As everyone stated...go with Supra you won't regret it!
Do you know an agent have to give you access to a property if you don't have Supra?
I was with Supra and I regretted. Thanks for the comment
Flag Wed Jun 19, 2013
Barbara East…, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Supra is not the only company that has an electronic lockbox system but it is the company that is used throughout south Florida. Unfortunately, not enough Realtors use the lockbox system. It allows the listing agents to have control over when and who comes in and out of the properties. This protects the homeowner and the listing agent by being able to keep track of all activity.
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Sam,

Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Yes is it - licensed real estate agents can purchase used ones from coworkers and have the association transfer them but they aren't sold to the general public and the agents must have a SUPRA Key to open them.
Victor Patane, Agent, Ft Lauderdale, FL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Yes it is! You can also purchase the combo lock box at any hardware store
Stefanie Coh…, Agent, Weston, FL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Sam,
Yes, Supra is the only electronic lockbox system used by area realtors. Again, you have the option of using a combination lockbox that can be purchased at almost any hardware store.
Samuel Rodriguez I have been calling for 8 weeks now trying to purchase boxes for my brokers and I cannot get the sales rep to call me back.
Flag Mon Sep 19, 2016
Theres something wrong when you must pay just to open a house door..all these costs get passed onto Buyers.....just another hand in your pocket
Flag Sat Jan 2, 2016
Thanks Stefanie,
Is sad that there is no competition. They have a very bad costumer service.
Flag Tue Jun 18, 2013