In this market, what is the agent fee for selling a house in harrison for $1.8M? Is this negotiable?

Asked by Jeannie, Harrison, NY Fri Sep 18, 2009

Is it really the same % as selling a house for under $500k?

Answers

3
Ann Marie Da…, Agent, Larchmont, NY
Fri Sep 18, 2009
Jeannie,

Commissions are mutually agreed on between real estate agent and the seller and there is usually some flexibility. Interview a few agents to see the differences in what each will do for you and at what commission.
If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me. I am a Harrison resident, so know the area well.
Ann Marie Damashek
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Weichert Capital Properties & Estates
914-833-0800 x208
917-623-0624
Robin Lynch, , Westchester County, NY
Fri Sep 18, 2009
Hi Jeannie,

Each brokerage sets their own commission fee which is disclosed privately to you when you meet with your realtor. Realtors are forbidden to discuss what they deem as the new standard fee among brokerages as it is against the law in New York State. For example, I cannot discuss with a prospective seller why another brokerage charges a certain commission as to what my brokerage charges or what the new "standard" is. I can only discuss what my brokerage offers in terms of commission and marketing your property.

Robin Lynch
Keller Williams Realty Group
Scarsdale, NY 10583
914-315-6182
Maria Mantis,…, Agent, Rye, NY
Fri Sep 18, 2009
Hey Jeannie, commissions are negotiable. The amount of marketing, advertising and market conditions such as supply/demand and marketing time have an influence. It really is best to dicuss this with an agent in person. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.