Maggie, Home Seller in Napa, CA

In her will, my mother directed us to sell her home upon her death. Can we rent it instead?

Asked by Maggie, Napa, CA Wed Oct 7, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Oct 8, 2009
You need confer with an attorney no one can render an opinion unless will is reviewed. Prayers for you and your family

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter:
0 votes
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Oct 8, 2009

Your question would be best directed to an attorney for their input.
0 votes
Heli Sairanen, Agent, American Canyon, CA
Wed Oct 7, 2009
First of all, my condolences to you and your family at the loss of your mother.
Unfortunately the question you ask is outside the scope of a real estate agent. If you can rent the property depends on the provisions of the will/trust and I would recommend that you contact a real estate attorney to give you the proper advice. Check in the yellow pages for attorneys who specialize in estate planning, or ask your friends for a recommendation.
Good luck to you.
Sincerely, Heli
0 votes
allen sovey, Agent, Napa, CA
Wed Oct 7, 2009
Nothing to even consider without seeing Attorney, Attorney, Attorney as stated in previous answers.
0 votes
David Johnson, Agent, Napa, CA
Wed Oct 7, 2009
That's a legal question to be answered by an attorney, not a real estate agent.
0 votes
DougT, , Los Angeles AFB, CA
Wed Oct 7, 2009
interesting would have to obtain an understanding of all the facts and circumstances related to the estate, which includes the will and interests held in trusts. Each document will specific how the interests should be transferred to the beneficiaries. You or the attorney should read all the documents.
0 votes
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Oct 7, 2009

I agree with Patrick - you need to talk to the attorney representing the trust. However, I don’t see how she can stop you if all of those in the trust wish to proceed in a different direction. I’m no attorney, however …
0 votes
Patrick Thies, Agent, Anytown, IL
Wed Oct 7, 2009
You will have to check with the attorney handling the estate on that.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Napa Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more