AL McCaw, Real Estate Pro in Las Vegas, NV

In every city across the country, you will notice that there are only about a dozen major league realtors who get the multi-million dollar listings.

Asked by AL McCaw, Las Vegas, NV Tue Mar 18, 2014

In my hometown of Greater Las Vegas, there are well over 12,000 real estate agents and brokers. However, there are only about a dozen top agents who always get the multi-million dollar listings. How do they do it? If you know, please share their techniques :-)

Answers

4
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Tue Mar 18, 2014
Al,
It's all in who you know and what you've done. If you've done a high end deal, you're odds of getting another one go up. If you socialize with high end sellers, you are more likely to get them. High end sellers want proven track records selling homes like theirs. Those that do well get more opportunities. They also market to that segment heavily.
Spencer Gray, Agent, Bonney Lake, WA
Tue Mar 18, 2014
From my experience, its a matter of having a number of listings at all levels (especially upper end). Clients are looking for proven success! Just pave the path so you can catch a big fish!
Diann Tonnes…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sun Apr 6, 2014
You and I both know who they are too! :) We'll do half a dozen deals like that in a year, but our bread and butter has always been in the mid level listings.
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Tue Mar 18, 2014
Where you focus is what you get. I met a new agent who set a goal for herself to sell high end homes. She went after that market. Her marketing material, her presentation, how she dressed, and the people she socialized with all mirrored her target. In the first year in real estate she truly blazed a path for herself.

It that is the business you want, you have to get in the way of it.