Home Selling in Tampa>Question Details

Debbie, Home Buyer in Rochester, NY

In NY we have Americas Choice for a fee of $500 and then 2% total commission to agents. Does Tampa Fl offer any service like this. I

Asked by Debbie, Rochester, NY Thu Sep 9, 2010

I am buying and selling and can only afford a total of 3% commission for all agents involved in selling my TAmpa property. I just purchased the property 6 months ago for my daughter and now she wants to move to Tarpon or Holiday because that is where I will be living. Can anyone tell me of any agents or agencies that will do that for us. Thank you, Debbie

Answers

8
Hi debbie,

Before an client gets in my car to house shop they have signed a contract with me to be their exclusive agent. This contract gives me the ability to negotiate on the client's behalf. If you place your house with one of the "No Service" Services for a fee and go in the MLS you will be negotiating on your own behalf against me. Who do you think will win that one? Also, most agents will look down the street and see a house listed with a professional so they will not have to work "both sides" of the transaction for less than half what they can earn down the street. As a result, my buyer will not have any competition for the purchase of your house.

Bottom line...It's a BAD idea

JD Weisenburger
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 16, 2010
You can negotiate your listing agreement to fit your needs. I would like to be included with the agents you wish to interview to list your home for sale and to assist you in your New Purchase in Tarpon Springs or Holiday, FL. Where in NY are you from? I have been in the Tampa Bay area for the past 20 years originally from Upstate NY.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 19, 2010
Send the full details and pictures of the property to me. I may be interested in purchasing it. No commission to be paid. rfarina@thefarinagroup.com.
Debbie, there seems to be plenty of flat fee MLS services. I did a search for you: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=flat+fee+mls+tampa&ei=u…

These services are limited and will only list your home on the MLS. That will give you an opportunity to offer the 3% commission to the selling agent, because that's all that you can afford.
Make sure you set the price correctly.

Also, of course no flat fee MLS will ever replace the services a real estate agent would give you. However, you have to do what you have to do.

Elena Ollick
Amerivest Realty
Faith Home Loans
239-206-4500
eo@oceanhomesrealty.com
http://www.andrewollick.com/realestateblog
Hi Debbie,

I understand your situation and predicament, but have you thought of renting the property instead of selling at this time. This might be a better solution than selling the property at a possible loss.
You need to interview agents that will do "limited real estate" services and see who is the best fit for you.

Good Luck,
Mary
Keep in mind that commissions are always negotiable between you and your agent, there are no set standards--consider interviewing a few agents from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best and has the most to offer.
Commissions are negotiable so you would have to discuss with different agents. A lot really depends on what people are willing to do. There is a huge amount of inventory so you are competing against all the other homes on the market.

There are also services that put your home on the MLS as limited service companies where you handle the showings, scheduling and negotiating the contract.

Jeff Launiere, ALHS, CDPE
Keller Williams Tampa Properties
813-469-3163
http://www.TampaForeclosureSource.com
It is depend on the size of the estate that you plan to sale, there would be an agent or agency to assist you with the marketing of the property; however you would compete with other properties similar to yours in the same location or close by, listed with higher commission. Would you think that the buyers' agent would show your property over other properties? It is buyer's market, so the buyers control which house to buy indirectly the buyers' agent control the market, it's not the listing agent to determine which commission should they list the property by. If you change you mind about the commission rate, more likely the 5% is more reasonable for the listing with any agency, don't hesitate to contact me. I also can assist your daughter to locate a property in Tarpon Spring or Holiday areas since I do go out that way from Wesley Chapel/ Pasco County to assist my clients there.
Dao Alderman, Realtor, CPMS, CSP, TRC, CRS
Keller Williams Realty, New Tampa
Direct 813-997-2536
email hyda@aol.com
http://www.DaoAlderman.com
http://www.RealEstateServiceDaoAlderman.com