In NC, are sellers responsible for repairs after closing?

Asked by Gatornon, 28714 Sun Jul 8, 2012

Answers

4
The Wahlers…, Agent, Burnsville, NC
Sat Mar 30, 2013
I would contact your agent and discuss the terms of the closing that were written in the contract, but if further problems or concerns arise I would recommend an attorney .
thanks
Dan and Melissa
Jacquie Thur…, Agent, Burnsville, NC
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Typically, closing constitutes acceptance of the property in it's current condition, unless arrangements have been made and agreed to in writing that a Seller may have so many days after a closing to complete designated repairs. The Buyer must be diligent to discover any repair needs during their 'due diligence period' in the contract!
John Goddin, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Mon Jul 9, 2012
If you have a specific question regarding a sale, you should contact an attorney for advice. There are things that can survive a closing and contractual matters are for attorneys to handle, not real estate agents.
William Allen, Agent, Weaverville, NC
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Gatomon, In North Carolina the seller is only responsible for what is on the purchase contract. The contract says" closing constitutes acceptance"