Brockmajor, Home Seller in 04103

If one is selling by owner, how can you get listed on Trulia?

Asked by Brockmajor, 04103 Sun Jan 17, 2010

Answers

6
Hi Brockmajor- Feel free to contact me as I have some thought and ideas that could help. I am not a realtor, if that makes a difference.
You could try http://www.isoldmyhouse.com if you want. That used to be a very good resource; I think it still is pretty good. But- it does cost some $$.
Also- there are flat-fee MLS listing services available- but that only gets the property listed on MLS; it does nothing else. Obviously realtors do plenty more than place it on MLS.
Hope that might help. Thank you and good luck,

Ken L.
Good Evening Brokmajor,

As you can see from the previous answers you've been given Trulia is not the medium for a FSBO / For Sale By owner. However there are a lot of good sites you can utilize if you decide to go that route. Just google "FSBO" or "For Sale By Owner" websites and you'll get a long list.

If after trying to sell on your own, or if you have any questions at all my office is here in Portland at RE/MAX By The Bay. I'll answer any questions you have with no obligation or "hard sell" I assure you. I'm here if you just have questions.

Good Luck
Ridge York
RE/MAX By The Bay
Portland, Maine
Ridge@homesinmaine.com
207.553.7380
Short answer No. Trulia's business model from the very begining was to aggregate listings from the brokerages. To get that information they chose to not allow FSBO sales which are in competition with the brokerage's business.
FSBO's ahve other options to advertise but they don't have access to the biggest web distribution systems that buyers use.

Good Luck
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
Another option we can advise is to use the Blog platform in Trulia but to make it worth it you really need to know what you are doing when creating your blog so potential buyers can find it here on Trulia and on Google through sets of keywords.
Must be listed with a real estate company.

If you want to try and sell it yourself, you can try things such as craigslist and see if it helps but it is mostly spam nowadays.

Sean
From the Help Section:

"Trulia FAQ's
Trulia Help Center > For Home Buyers and Sellers > Using My Trulia >

Can I list my home on Trulia?
At this time we are not accepting listings that are for sale by owner. If you are working with an agent and would like to submit your listing to our site, please refer them to our Submit Your Listings page. "

Sorry about that! If you would like help with your listing from a Realtor, please feel free to call or email me!
Carole L MacCollum
BH&G The Masiello Group, Wells Maine
207-337-4792 or carolemac@masiello.com