Ruth, Other/Just Looking in 20903

If a home does not sell and is pulled off the market, how much time has to pass in order for it to be

Asked by Ruth, 20903 Fri Dec 12, 2008

considered a new listing when it is advertised again? Esp in DE.

...only the time it takes to remove it from the MLS and then re-listed subject to a new listing agreement (not necessarily a new brokerage.) You posted in 2008, hope you got it sold! If not, there are a bunch of us who would love to help you out! ;-)

Warm Regards,

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Yes it is a new listing if it is with a different Realtor. A new listing comes up on the Sussex MLS daily hot sheet, but so does a price change or back on the market. A couple of years ago days on market, meant more than it does now. We need to do more than just put a home on the MLS. If your home is not currently listed, I would love to talk with you about how to market , and sell your home.
Steve Fisher Cell 507-7550

The correct answer would be 6-months because that is the average term of a "traditional" real estate listing.

If you want to sell the house in about 4 weeks I would recommend that you contact a competent real estate auctioneer located on the Eastern Shore.
Web Reference:
In Carteret county NC it has to stay off the market 30 days for it to be considered a new listing when put back on the MLS.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 13, 2008
I would recommend that you spruce up your listing rather than just relisting. Take some new pictures add more pictures, some sites allow 10-12 pictures. Change the comments, ask a third party to view the comments, not a family member or agent maybe a friend. where is your listing? Is it on trulia, craigslist, kijiji,, if you are on less than 70 websites, syndicated or not you need to talk to your agent. Some sites need to be updated regularly, I have accounts with many wesites and don't pay for any of them. I don't even pay for my own wesites. the internet is yours for the taking for the low price of $0.00 Try this:

Here's a great way to get your written content (full of your links to your website business of course) on google on page one in about one hour.

Write some content on HubPages, Squidoo or one of the other social networking sites (but not article sites) and of course make sure you have links on it for your website and make sure you have good keywords in your title, first paragraph and body. keep the title simple but of course with keywords. Without them, you ain't making money online.

Once written, submit your written content to,,,, Yes they are all spelled correctly.they are easy to submit to manually and do not take long at all, you can submit to all five in 10 mins easy. if you like, submit also to and but the first five will be enough.

Once you've done that wait about an hour and then tap in the title of your written content to google and watch the results. Your content will be on page one, yes page one.

hope that helps you towards making money on the internet.

This is not my idea, I stole it but it works great. In the headline you must have your keywords, write the story about your house for sale. I have done this with two blogs and it worked great.

Sorry, sometimes I blabber You can call me and I will help you and your agent get more exposure.
David Chamberlain
If you list with another broker or realtor it would show as a new listing. if the same agent, you just get a new multiple listing number. Before you relist with the same agent, you may want to analyze your situation and see if a fresh look and approach is needed. It is a tough market but houses do sell. Feel free to contact me for any info or help. If you do plan on checking out other realtors, I would love to apply and interview for the job!
If a property has been listed with a real estate agent and it was withdrawn by the seller, the seller can choose to re-list the property with a different REALTOR at anytime there after. There is no prescribed period that the property must remain off of the market.

The difference would be if the home was listed by an agent, then withdrawn by the seller, and a buyer that had been shown the property during the time of the listing agreement wished to then purchase that property, there is probably verbiage in the listing agreement that states, for some designated period of time, the previous listing agent would be owed a commission.

I hope this helps. My best for the Holidays.

Monica McNamara
Licensed in Maryland and Delaware