Question Details

Nariko, Other/Just Looking in Georgia, NJ

If a House is a short sale does the bank agree to it before it is put on the market?

Asked by Nariko, Georgia, NJ Wed Mar 28, 2012

Answers

5
Not always - sometimes the lender has reviewed the file and set a price and other times they have not. If you are looking to purchase have your buyers agent find out from the listing agent if it is a bank approved price.
The bank does not have to agree when the home is put on the market in a short sale. The last three short sales that I have done the lender did an appraisal and gave us a list price for the property though. I have been as far out with a lender that the property had to be on the market for 90 days before they would even look at paperwork for a short.
It is not an approved Short Sale without bank approval.
I believe you have to price the property very well , at a very competitive price in order to have traffic inmediately your agent put it in the sale market and have offers to be submitted to the lender for approval. That's what I do everytime I have a "short sale" listing.
Not always. Often it is best to put the house on the market at a price that you know it won't sell at. When you do this, you can tell your lender that it has been listed and is not selling. I am not saying to set a silly listing price, just a price you think it could sell at. If it sells, great, hopefully you walk away with money. If not, you can start the process of a short sale.