Frank76, Home Seller in New Mexico

If I place my home on the market as a rent to own with a 1 / 2 yr timeframe, whats the normal % charged above the going rate in this scenario?

Asked by Frank76, New Mexico Sun Mar 6, 2011

I have no mortgage on the property I own in Rochester NY currently, and want to get the most return as possible in this transaction. I understand that if the prospective buyer decides not to want to purchase it he/she will loose their "investment" of the portion going towards to down payment plus any down payment if provided as well. Would an agent be willing to work with a 1 or 2 year option that I’m offering, thus allowing me to get some interest out of the deal as well?

Gail Gladstone’s answer
If I were involved in such a deal, I As the Realtor, I would be entitled to a rental commission from the tenant at the signing of the lease.

As my name would be on the sales contract, I would expect a sales commission at the time the sale closes and tenant takes possession; just like any home sale.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com

Typically, the agent's fee for professional services for a transaction of this nature would be paid at the time the agreement was agreed to by the parties involved and deposits, fees, etc. were exchanged.

seller+buyer+deposits+executed contract=completed transaction+fee for service