Good for you! I love to see home owners who take an active interest in the sale of their home. Like you I look and seek out opportunities where I can save money, or do things faster or easier. I can see you are just like me. Like you I believe my money and my equity should stay in my pocket!
At the time I am writing this six professionals have responded based on their true and professional experience. These agents help buyers and seller through the process dozens of times a year. We actually do have some things of value to share and offer. But, that is not your question.
Trulia is a aggregate real estate website that obtains data from another data aggregater called listbub. The data you see here DOES NOT COME FOR THE MLS or REALTOR.com OR from AGENT ENTRY. Serious, qualified buyer will migrate to use serious tools, those connected to the MLS. Trulia does restrict the 'homes for sale' to be broker represented.
You have several choices you can make in selling your home. Option 1 - 4 will invariably attract unqualified buyers (can't get a mortgage) looking exclusively for Lease/Rent with option.
1. SOLO- put a sign in the yard, buy ad space, place on CL, ZW, YT, and Facebook.
2. Collaborate - use affiliate resources with contact databases
3. FSBO- pay $2,500 fee and wait
4. Discount- pay fee, pay advertising, but you do get an MLS submission
5. Limited - pay fee but be prepared to be exposed to potential liability.(includes 1-5)
6. Full service - Over 90% of homes are sold via full service real estate professionals. Most will more that offset the perceived cost in service savings and negotiation skills. This is especially important when dealing with the inevitable 'low appraisal' that will occur. How would you persuade the buyer to bring $20,000 in cash to the closing table to bridge the gap between the negotiated price and the appraisal value? Choices 1-5 will invariably result in the seller taking this $20,000 hit squarely on the end of the nose.
Yes, this all sounds self-serving and manipulative. Even at the risk of sounding that way, I only want you to make a sound decision. You may find it incredibly beneficial to call a Irving Texas professional and actually explore all the options available to you right there. Most agents have a flexible plan that can be tailored to your needs. They will all provide you a no-obligation, pressure free, consultation.
Best of success to you in selling your home,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL