I would like to move out of state. I do not need to sell in order to do so. Should I become a landlord and?

Asked by Jackincoltsneck, 07724 Wed Jun 17, 2009

wait out the market? Really, how bad is it in Colts Neck? There are signs everywhere.

Answers

3
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Wed Jun 17, 2009
Hi Jack -

Good train of thought. I would have to do an evaluation of your area and home, But if you can stick it out a while I would tell you to get the place rented and hold on a while. I have other clients that I have advised to do the same.

Let me know if you would like a market analysis. I am very close to Cols Neck in Freehold Boro on Mian St. I know the area and market well.

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty

732-863-6969 - Office
732-213-1409 - Cell

JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
Carol Donate…, Agent, Colts Neck, NJ
Wed Jul 22, 2009
Consider purchasing in a gated community and spend the winters in the warm climate. Good way to find out if you would like the permanent move. Good deals in Naples, Florida

Becoming a landlord could be a good option in a buyers market.

Carol Donatelli, CRS
William Kilb…, Agent, Fair Haven, NJ
Wed Jun 17, 2009
That is a decision that will take further information to answer. Alot has to do with how long it will take to sell your home and how much you will get for it. If a house is priced right in Colts Neck right now it should sell in the first 90 days. I would really have to look at your home to give you the correct asking price and what you should expect to receive. If the price is not what you need or expect then you can make an educated decision on how to proceed. Also equally important in your decision will be rentable price. All the analysts are saying that end of 2009 will be the bottom of prices, 2010 will be flat and then slow appreciation of 2-3% per year until reaching the 2005 highs in 2020.
I can do a market analysis for you with no obligation. You can reach me at 732-859-7682 or email me at BillKilbride@msn.com.
I grew up in Colts Neck and know the town extremely well and do approximately 35% of my sales in town.
Look forward to speaking with you
Web Reference:  http://www.BillKilbride.com