I will be lucky to break even when selling my house in Copley end of summer. I have been looking at For Sale by Owner sites.

Asked by Charlita48, Akron, OH Sat Jun 29, 2013

Where does one get a Residential Buyer Synopsis Report I see at Open Houses? A Property disclosure form is usually attached. Also what forms will I need if an offer is made? Do I need to buy them online? I read that I should contact my Title agent for closing??

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Thomas McCom…, Agent, New Franklin, OH
Sun Jun 30, 2013
I understand your concern. You want to net the most money when the deal is done, and you are afraid that paying a Realtor's commission will hurt too much.

Studies have shown that Realtors generate higher selling prices and less hassles than selling "FSBO".

That being said, the FSBO sites you are referring to are cheaper but provide very few services, and it is probable that you will still pay the selling Realtor her full commission.

Studies have also shown that buyers understand that FSBO sellers have no one representing them, and are likely to offer much less than the listed price.

The forms you asked about, the Buyer Synopsis Report is available thru the MLS -- which means the home has to be listed by a Realtor -- while Property Disclosure report is free and available online or from a title company.

You definitely should use a title company for the closing. There are just too many areas in which a mistake would be very costly.
0 votes
Fred Herman, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Sat Jun 29, 2013
0 votes
Eli Givoni-S…, , Boca Raton, FL
Sat Jun 29, 2013
You can contact any Realtor in your area to get an Opinion of Value. If you're not going to break even, you can consider doing a short sale. To learn more about short sales, feel free to visit our website at http://www.shortsaledept.com. Or, give us a call, and we can explain the process. Our short sale services are FREE for homeowners.

Eli Givoni, Director
Short Sale Department, LLC

MARS Disclosure for General Commercial Communications
Short Sale Department, LLC is not associated with the government, and our service is not approved by the government or your lender. Even if you accept this offer and use our service, your lender may not agree to change your loan. If you stop paying your mortgage, you could lose your home and damage your credit.
0 votes
Shane Reid, Agent, Hudson, OH
Sat Jun 29, 2013
The tools necessary for selling a home is to be able to negotiate, market and counsel the seller to successfully sell their home. Their are other protections the FSBO companies cannot offer when you use them. To answer your questions title companies have those forms along with the state of Ohio. The synopsis reports come from the MLS used by realtors. If you need help let me know. Every realtor has similar marketing plans especially when the majority of buyers come from online marketing.
0 votes
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat Jun 29, 2013
And so you think that saving the Realtor's fees will take you over the top?

As Dr. Phil says; "let us know how it works for you."
0 votes
Ken Woods, Agent, Stow, OH
Sat Jun 29, 2013
The state of Ohio has all of the necessary disclosures required to sell your home. As you know there are a ton of for sale by owner sites out there but if you want the most out of your home with the least amount of turbulence and SOLD quickly Hire a top quality professional such as my self, I have helped a lot of for sale by owners, matter of fact one is closing Monday. I can give you her contact information so you can see how great my marketing plan works.
Ken Woods Realtor com 330-777-0075
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more