I want to sell my house! Make me an offer!

Asked by Motivated Seller, Robbinsdale, MN Fri Jun 27, 2008

What do I have to do?

Answers

17
Shannon, Home Buyer, Robbinsdale, MN
Thu Jul 24, 2008
I'm looking to buy in robbinsdale, I currently live there in a rent with option to buy, but we are growing out of this home. i was told I was approved, by one of the shady mortgage companies, then when it came time to almost closing, it fell through, they had said, because my credit score had dropped. Please let me know if you would be willing to help out with owner finiacing, and the # of bedrms, and property info.......
Donald James, Agent, Edina, MN
Thu Mar 31, 2011
Dear Motivated,
Good answers below. A multi-faceted marketing plan is extremely important in today's market. I just sold a house in Robbinsdale that I listed. The house sold in less than 30 days. The marketing plan included working with a mortgage broker who would qualify guests at opens, credit repair to those who needed it, and seller paid mortgage interest for six months.

The Robbinsdale area is still trending down. Homes are selling for 85% of asking price. You need to have an extremely aggresive Realtor working on your team. If you try chasing the market you will always be behind.

My recomendation would be to interview at least three Realtors. Hire the one who you feel will work with you and who has demonstrated results.

Donald James
Weichert Advantage
Donald@DonaldJamesGroup.com
651.253.7117
Btcombs@gmai…, , Minnesota
Sat Jul 19, 2008
HI Motivated,

My name is Brian. I am a Real Estate Broker who buys homes with a partner. We pay cash and close on your schedule. If you are interested in a price from me 763.232.6267. I come out and look at your place and within 48 hours you have a solid number.

Thanks for your time,

Brian Combs
763.232.6267
jkgoode, , Burnsville, MN
Wed Jul 16, 2008

I know you feel that by nixing the agent you will make more money. It has been proven in the metro that most people who try to sell their own home eventually sign on with a realtor after several frustrating months or just take it off the market. For the 17% of homes that are actually sold by the owner, they on average receive 20% less profit (yes, in your pocket after closing costs and realtor commission) than if they had signed on with a realtor. Over 80% of homes sold in the metro have used a realtor.....NUMBERS DON'T LIE.

The one thing you will be completely missing is a proven marketing plan. A great realtor spends close to 1/3 to 1/2 of their commission with out of pocket risk prior to the sale (not the broker commission, both sides get their share 1st, then the listing agent, then the buyers agent) on marketing with no gaurantee of a sale. Vested interest? You Bet! Code of Ethics - Always! The larger companies offer the widest range of marketing options and e-marketing that no one person could even imagine of attaining, reaching 100's of thousands of potential buyers. MARKETING: networking, postcards to good potential buyers, target farming advertising, the MLS listing, realtor tours, public open houses, signage, e-marketing, etc. etc. etc. IS what sells a home. You can't just stick a sign in the yard and pray. Many homes via networking (I don't remember the exact % but was around 8%) within my company are sold prior to listing. You need to reach the widest and largest range of potential buyers and sell at maximum $ the market is willing to pay, in the shortest amount of time.
The market changes daily and the info you may get through public access is somewhat delayed to what is happening that day or week or even months. You need to be able to react to the market changes quickly and know exactly what to do. Other issues too; are you willing to put out the money do all the marketing it takes to sell a home at it's max value in today's market? Are you willing to hold open houses 3 + x's a month, advertise in print and the e-market weekly & successfully enough to make it worth your time & $? Do you really know that the people touring your home are pre-qualified legitimate buyers or just casing the place? (this has happened!) .
Prior to getting my license,realtor commission bothered me too until it was explained to me what it really entails to sell a home time and money-wise. Now being a realtor, I truely understand and have to work for every penny earned in this market and honestly it takes A LOT of work to move a house quickly with a good sale price. The average time to get any offer is 2 - 6 months and many much longer than that, average until actual close date just add 1.5 - 2 months. That's a lot of months and a lot of work for a homeowner who does not have the resources and knowledge that a good realtor does and is willing to do to sell a home. You will come across an unbelievably low commission rate you will invariably get unbelievably low to no service or marketing. Be wary of individuals who charge for helping you. There are laws against this as Cameron stated. You get what you pay for.
Preparing your home for sale is essential, a realtor will advise and even hire in a stage for you according to your needs and the value of the home. Initial pricing of the home is absolute key as to obtaining a successful transaction. Comps should be done on current solds, actives, pendings and expired listing to achieve a fair market value. Appraiser can do this but they are not out there every day trying to sell your home and have access to RECORDED solds, which counties take their time in recording. They also are not working with buyers and know what they look for in a home or are showing these buyers or putting their wallet out their at risk with advertising/marketing as does a realtor. Not putting down their expertise, but they are not licensed realtors who have vested interest in the sale of your home, that's not their job.

There is so much more to selling than what's above. I work in the south metro, but if you have a change of heart and need a realtor, contact me and I will suggest a great realtor for you in your area.
Web Reference:  http://www.JGoodeHomes.com
Christopher, Both Buyer And Seller, Minneapolis, MN
Wed Jul 16, 2008
Simply email me your contact info. I would need your home info. also, which you can email if you'd like. I'll be happy to provide you all my contact information and answer all your questions...I have the most unique and effective solutions to most all motivated home sellers :) My address is: chrisjohn123@comcast.net
Look forward to hearing from you.
Charmaine Wa…, , Maple Grove, MN
Wed Jul 16, 2008
Hey Motivated Home Seller,
Have you had your house on the market? What happened? What feedback did you get? There are a few problems in today's market. First off, there are so many foreclosures that are driving down the prices of all houses. Second, many "qualified" people cannot get financing because of tightening loan restrictions and/or losing their homes through foreclosure. Sometimes homeowners have had houses for many, many years that have now lost their homes through foreclosure. They can't get a loan. If you could sell your house with a contract for deed, you could get a buyer in with a good down payment and ask a higher price for your home. In MLS, we (realtors) can list the house with financial remarks that seller would accept a contract for deed. I have a great listing program if you'd like to get your home listed. Just let me know if you could use some help. Check out my website at http://www.FastMNSales.com. Good luck! Charmaine, Luke Team Real Estate, 612-501-9113
Web Reference:  http://www.FastMNSales.com
Mon Jun 30, 2008
All Real estate agents have an agenda, and it's defined by the Real Estate company they work for...in addition, there limited training does not provide them creative and legal solutions that have been around for decades, as this would be counter productive to building the Real Estate community, as many would leave the industry (yes, even more than the 97% that get into it the first year) and go a different route. Cameron, MN law does state that, however, I've never said I'm acting as an agent. Your also not thinking "out of the box", because you are a Real Estate agent, no offense. I could teach you how to buy and sell without a license, and without the restricitons of a Real Estate company, in fact, many ex Real Estate agents have thought the same thing you do, and now help me in my transactions.
Finally, In my experience, a licensed appraisor is the best source of a home's value as a real estate agent will provide the same "numbers", sale price of recent homes in area and price per square foot averages, that any consumer can access themselves. There's a reason Real Estate agents have left the industry in droves.
If you'd like more money than any real estate professional can offer, feel free to email me and I'd be happy to help. Take care.
Amy Crego, Home Seller, Hazleton, PA
Mon Jun 30, 2008
I have been going through the same thing! I am now going to list in other states.
Michael Stra…, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Jun 30, 2008
I would suggest seeking the advice of a local Realtor, who will provide you with current market conditions and tips for giving your home curb appeal.
It is OK to seek advice from more than one Realtor.
Cameron Piper, Agent, Forest Lake, MN
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Christopher,

Unless you are a licensed real estate agent in the state of Minnesota you won't be getting our friend any money unless:

A. You do if for free
B. You are giving him an offer with your own money.

Minnesota law forbids you to act as an agent (for a fee and for another) in a real estate transaction without a license. FYI

Cameron Piper
Web Reference:  http://www.campiper.com
Mon Jun 30, 2008
I can get you more money than any of the previous responses. feel free to email me your contact info and I can answer and questions; chrisjohn123@comcast.net
Lenny Frolov, Agent, Brooklyn Park, MN
Sun Jun 29, 2008
I work with a We Buy Ugly Houses (Homevestors) franchise owner in crystal. I can put you in touch with him and will make you an offer within a few days.
Web Reference:  http://www.lennyfrolov.com
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Fri Jun 27, 2008
I'll make you an offer.

I need to know:

(1) What your house would sell for in good, fixed-up condition.
(2) The dollar amount of repairs and upgrades your house needs to get into good, fixed-up condition.

That's it.
David Van Noy…, Agent, Leawood, KS
Fri Jun 27, 2008
you got 2 things my man

1. PRICE
and
2. Condition

to the point question...and the most honest answer your going to get...good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.davidvannoyjr.com
Cameron Piper, Agent, Forest Lake, MN
Fri Jun 27, 2008
Motivated,

Listing your home with an agent is the most important aspect to selling your home. Read through the profiles of those agents that answer your question here and ask family and friends for some referrals. You should narrow that list down to three agents that you feel have the experience to be able to represent you and the presonality to get along with you.

The reason that you should hire a realtor is because they will expose your home to largest cross section of the market through various marketing activities as well as the MLS. A professional realtor will assist you with updating suggestions or staging the home to maximize your return on investment and will also be able to assist you with the complicated process from listing to purchase agreement all the way to closing. These are all things that an owner can do on their own but would require a great deal of study and a certain amount of risk having never done them before.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if I can be of assistance in any way.

Cameron Piper
612-839-4202
Web Reference:  http://www.campiper.com
Susan Hoffla…, Agent, Shoreview, MN
Fri Jun 27, 2008
Hello, motivated seller! I am an agent that does not represent sellers, but I would like to give you a little guidance if I may. Talk to a seller agent and get your house listed. Those of us that exclusively deal with buyers would much prefer to enter in to a transaction where the sellers best interests are represented by an agent. There is far less chance of some breach of representation that way and we'll know (if the agent is any good) that the transaction will go smoothly and what needs to be done will be done without us having to "babysit" the transaction.

So, shop carefully and get some sound advice. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, especially in this market, it probably is. And, the cheapest isn't always the least expensive. I wish you luck!!
Susan Wesely, , Saint Paul, MN
Fri Jun 27, 2008
Contact a good Realtor to help you through this process. I would be happy to meet with you and discuss next steps, and can be reached via email at su@suwesely.com. There are a lot of things you can do to make your property appealing to buyers, and to let them know it's on the market. A Realtor can keep the whole process organized, provide you with many different marketing avenues, and get the best price possible for your home.